Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (7 Viewers)

deswa1

HSC
Re: The Nonsense Thread

Yeah I already know how to divide for polynomials - that's easy but like I don't know how to use long division for ordinary numbers that's all. Do you know both the sub and elim method?
Yeah of course lol- depending on the question I'll do either.

Fawun

Queen
HSC

Never had to deal with any international students before although I do know my cousin who came to Australia a few years ago totally destroyed 3/4u maths since she learnt it ages ago in Vietnam haha.
HAHA I KNOW RIGHT. The girl in my class is from Vietnam and she's like beating everyone. Seriously her rank is 1 of out the whole cohort... Although she be the annoying slut lol

Examine

same
HSC

In my school they call extension 2 Maths ESL maths. Mainly the ESL people usually get the top half ranks for the subject.

nightweaver066

HSC

Yeah I already know how to divide for polynomials - that's easy but like I don't know how to use long division for ordinary numbers that's all. Do you know both the sub and elim method?

no

can't tell if srs...
long division with normal numbers is the same imo. just give it a try and you'll see what i mean lol

also, you should know 3 methods of solving simultaneous equations: substitution, elimination and graphing (this is sometimes tested and is useful for some questions)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

no

can't tell if srs...
Yes. You know what your class are probably doing right now? Gaming, partying. All you need to do is some work.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

HAHA I KNOW RIGHT. The girl in my class is from Vietnam and she's like beating everyone. Seriously her rank is 1 of out the whole cohort... Although she be the annoying slut lol
Implying that's hard.

deswa1

HSC

that was four lines.

elimination would take two.
No- his point is its not a proper simultaneous equation. x=1 and then y can be whatever the hell it wants instead of having a unique value.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

International students are a bit overrated. The reason for success is because of their mindset in my opinion. They were brought up in an environment where education means everything to them and they have the mentality of taking advantage of every opportunity. (Asians is particular)

deswa1

HSC

And that was elimination BTW

Fawun

Queen
HSC

that was four lines.

elimination would take two.
teach me

Implying that's hard.
That is hard. I'm sorry but i'm not a genius like you master realise.

Yes. You know what your class are probably doing right now? Gaming, partying. All you need to do is some work.
The question is, how much work?

long division with normal numbers is the same imo. just give it a try and you'll see what i mean lol

also, you should know 3 methods of solving simultaneous equations: substitution, elimination and graphing (this is sometimes tested and is useful for some questions)
Nope. Have no clue on what to do. Should I even bother learning them since I (might) not be needing it next year? maybe??

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

International students are a bit overrated. The reason for success is because of their mindset in my opinion. They were brought up in an environment where education means everything to them and they have the mentality of taking advantage of every opportunity. (Asians is particular)
This is well said.

My Physics teacher always stresses about this kind of stuff :haha:

deswa1

HSC

But talent always has the advantage over hard work with equal amount of effort, no?

the truth hurts. :(
Yeah unfortunately. But ultimately there's nothing you can do about that. So yeah with equal effort talent wins out so just put more effort

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)