• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how many past papers? (3 Viewers)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
As many as it takes for you to be confident with your knowledge.

hscwav2012

HSC
as many as possible - maybe 3 out of those 4 each day - if you're on top of everything phy & chem won't take 3hrs.

But don't neglect English.

deswa1

HSC
It's not a quantity thing...as many as you can do thoroughly and learn from mistakes.
+100. You don't get some sort of 'status' from being able to brag "Oh, I just did 50 papers. What now!"- its all about the end result. Tbh, spend more time on english- you seem to be like most people that do your subs and hate english so you ignore it- mistake incoming. Phys and chem papers are overrated imo- spend a lot time working on actual exam technique like not throwing away stupid marks- you don't necessarily need to do a full paper to develop this skill though. Whenever you do a paper though- mark it PROPERLY and look at sample answers and learn from those.

Personally, I might aim for one or two papers a day- you can't aim for like 5 everyday, that's unreasonable imo.

Good luck

jenslekman

HSC
+100. You don't get some sort of 'status' from being able to brag "Oh, I just did 50 papers. What now!"- its all about the end result. Tbh, spend more time on english- you seem to be like most people that do your subs and hate english so you ignore it- mistake incoming. Phys and chem papers are overrated imo- spend a lot time working on actual exam technique like not throwing away stupid marks- you don't necessarily need to do a full paper to develop this skill though. Whenever you do a paper though- mark it PROPERLY and look at sample answers and learn from those.

Personally, I might aim for one or two papers a day- you can't aim for like 5 everyday, that's unreasonable imo.

Good luck
+1 deswa

RishBonjour

HSC

Good luck
wise words from a wise man.

especially about the english bit. Must stop neglecting.

HSC
T___T But it's SO much easier to do a maths paper than to write essays about Romanticism and the fall of society itself...

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I did a LOT of Maths past papers.

Not because I wanted to improve in it, because I had already essentially peaked out, but because I did it to procrastinate doing past papers for other subjects.

HSC
Trust Carrot ^_^

I'm definitely a guilty culprit for procrastinating on past papers while not doing English ...

RishBonjour

HSC
IMO, while doing maths past papers, you get a different feeling haha. not boring like others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)