Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

barbernator

HSC
Re: The p00n thread

no.

Like I said, one can believe they can do it yet they fail to do it cause they didn't put in the work/effort required.

What you do is all that matters.

Not what you think. Belief is meaningless when you don't put in the work.

Belief helps to a very minimal extent but it what you do is what counts in the end.

After disappointment over disappointment from believing I can do things, I've basically learnt that why should I be depressed?

So to avoid this depression, I'll just expect the worst. If I didn't get my minimal aim, it sucks. I'll be a little disappointed but it was expected.
If I achieved something really great, then I'd be overjoyed.

Call it pathetic or whatever but that's what I've realised from my own experiences.

I think belief can get me there but no it just doesn't. I end up choking. When you go in, expecting the worst and have nothing to lose, you feel no pressure and you just do it.

Many of my successes have come from me expecting the worst and having nothing to lose.
Have you ever tried to walk 120km from Mittagong to Katoomba without belief? i don't think so.

edit: probs a poor example.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Relax I've got this one.

Ok Rivalry- believe me, you are a freaking amazing piece of shit- you can do whatever you want to do so believe in yourself and you'll accomplish whatever you desire. All this pessimism talk is for losers- you're better than that- I believe in you

(lol I fail- Ealdoon is WAY better than me at this)
lol thanks. (your perceptions might change when I get back my yearly marks though, so will everyone else in the skool. I probs wont be a top dawg anymore but i dont mind)
I'll accomplish what I desire from my resolve to get it and the willingness to work hard and sacrifice things. You know, just have to man up and do it.

kazemagic

HSC

no.

Like I said, one can believe they can do it yet they fail to do it cause they didn't put in the work/effort required.

Belief helps to a very minimal extent but it what you do is what counts in the end.

After disappointment over disappointment from believing I can do things, I've basically learnt that why should I be depressed?

So to avoid this depression, I'll just expect the worst. If I didn't get my minimal aim, it sucks. I'll be a little disappointed but it was expected.

Call it pathetic or whatever but that's what I've realised from my own experiences.

I think belief can get me there but no it just doesn't. I end up choking. When you go in, expecting the worst and have nothing to lose, you feel no pressure and you just do it.

Many of my successes have come from me expecting the worst and having nothing to lose.
lol i just discovered we have the same mindset, it works pretty well.
You put in the hardwork -------> u know its not enuf ---------> put in more hard work ----------> get good results ---------> gg feel good

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Have you ever tried to walk 120km from Mittagong to Katoomba without belief? i don't think so.

edit: probs a poor example.
Just have to man up and do it. Man up physically and mentally.

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A

I don't know... Its something we do at Tech (not sure if other schools do it) but yeah, when you complement someone you also shove in a bit of that stuff- this was a bad example- sometimes there is high level swearing and stuff. Its good I think- it makes the complements funnier and more believable and stuff idk
Haha no I understand, I just found it amusing is all

deswa1

HSC

I think we all need some motivation so enjoy

(nah was just watching this and I wanted to post it somewhere)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

You put in the hardwork -------> u know its not enuf ---------> put in more hard work ----------> get good results ---------> gg feel good
Yeah, my perspective is very similar to that. But it's pretty much forced cause of my lack of natural ability.

It's all to compensate for dem weaknesses.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC

no.

Hard work can only get you so far. While being pessimistic you may still be able to achieve, 'above average' or rather 'good enough', it takes real intuition and skill to be better than the best, to be able to achieve 'really good'. In order to become really good, belief is needed because you limit yourself with pessimism even if you are the hardest worker ever.

I know a guy who is like you, he is alot of potential yet comes out of pretty much every exam saying he gets 60s, then ends up getting 80s and low 90s. He has the exact same attitude as you do and he works pretty damn hard, yet Im the one with belief and I work a little less harder (its not natural ability either the HSC does not test natural ability), therefore belief is pretty much more as important as belief.

theind1996

HSC
N/A

I'm back. Rivalry, you fuss about this shit too much.

Think about it, there's 16 hours in a regular day in the holidays to do WHATEVER you want.

Wake up at 8:00, sleep at 12:00 am.

Study for 2-3 hours bro, it's simple. Don't consider this pessimistic bullshit. Get your head down, work for 3 hours and then party without feeling guilt (your rants on BoS).

I've had a lot of fun these holidays (lot more than I normally do) while studying too (lot more than I normally do). I've curbed down on one main thing - and that's procrastination (by using school laptop instead of regular laptop + will/determination). So it's always a win-win situation.

Fawun

Queen
HSC

i'm putting in hard work right now that i'm doing maths work but i'm getting all my answers wrong (lol) which therefore puts me off doing work.

kazemagic

HSC

but i do have one thing to say. rather than believing/not believing, its better to sit on the fence with uncertainty. So if anything bad happens, it wont make u depressed cos u didnt expect anything, and if anything good happens, it will just seem like ur lucky or w/e. Belief will sometime make u over confident, and pessimism will just degrade ur natural ability

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Hard work can only get you so far. While being pessimistic you may still be able to achieve, 'above average' or rather 'good enough', it takes real intuition and skill to be better than the best, to be able to achieve 'really good'. In order to become really good, belief is needed because you limit yourself with pessimism even if you are the hardest worker ever.

I know a guy who is like you, he is alot of potential yet comes out of pretty much every exam saying he gets 60s, then ends up getting 80s and low 90s. He has the exact same attitude as you do and he works pretty damn hard, yet Im the one with belief and I work a little less harder (its not natural ability either the HSC does not test natural ability), therefore belief is pretty much more as important as belief.
First exam, I believed that I can rape 3U and establish myself a name at my new school. Ended up choking and getting depressed. (You can confirm with Deswa and Jinouga about how bad I felt about it). Missed my 90% minimum aim even.
Then later, I topped a 3U exam at my new school with like 98% or so (not the yearlies but 2nd assessment) and was only expecting a 90% (expecting the worst due to my nightmare in the 1st assessment). I had nothing to lose when I did the test and was expecting the worst. Yes, the ultimate pessimist was present yet a miracle happened.
Yearlies come along, I start believing that I can do it once more yet I just choked. The ultimate optimist was here before the exam happened. Choked real bad (have yet to see results but I know what is the most I can get). Choked...probably worse than my first exam. Then I get depressed again.

deswa1

HSC

I'm back. Rivalry, you fuss about this shit too much.

Think about it, there's 16 hours in a regular day in the holidays to do WHATEVER you want.

Wake up at 8:00, sleep at 12:00 am.

Study for 2-3 hours bro, it's simple. Don't consider this pessimistic bullshit. Get your head down, work for 3 hours and then party without feeling guilt (your rants on BoS).

I've had a lot of fun these holidays (lot more than I normally do) while studying too (lot more than I normally do). I've curbed down on one main thing - and that's procrastination (by using school laptop instead of regular laptop + will/determination). So it's always a win-win situation.
This is an absolutely fantastic point. If you can avoid procrastination then you can knock off all your study and still have ages for fun and games. For people like me though, I procrastinate too much so it takes me like 7 hours to do 3/4 hours of work :(

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

but i do have one thing to say. rather than believing/not believing, its better to sit on the fence with uncertainty. So if anything bad happens, it wont make u depressed cos u didnt expect anything, and if anything good happens, it will just seem like ur lucky or w/e. Belief will sometime make u over confident, and pessimism will just degrade ur natural ability
this is a gr8 point.

I challenge you to be Ealdoon for the day.
Sure.

Just need to be in a happy/optimistic mood first of all.

theind1996

HSC
N/A

Lol Rivalry, you're a shitcunt and I'll beat you in the HSC (srs).

Motivated?

Fawun

Queen
HSC
what part of "this is about ~belief~" do you not understand

theind1996

HSC
N/A
what part of "this is about ~belief~" do you not understand
Don't worry, in the end, only he can help himself and we'll simply laugh at him if he struggles due to a lack of confidence/belief.

I'm telling you again Rivalry, I'll beat you in the HSC simply because I'm more motivated to romp cunts (srs).

Are you motivated/ready?

Or the snakes will slither out of the bush and bite you until you fall down and die.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)