How do you answer the last short answer question? (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
So the last question is usually a 5 marker, asking you to talk about 2 of the given texts... so I was just wondering, how would you address them?
Can you just copy everything you wrote from your answers in the past questions? or will you get marked down?

Furthermore, how long should you usually be spending on short answer? it takes me about 55mins to complete :( or longer... I always get lost in the novel extracts and short stories.

tomp1612

HSC
Im the same, I can write good essays, but when it comes to the language section of Paper one I am completely lost. I ask my teacher and when he answers I think to myself how the hell did you come up with an answer about belonging showing a pile of pebbles or something like that

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Copy? No, you have to ANSWER THE QUESTION

Also, you spend reading time doing your reading of the texts. It really shouldn't take you more than 40 minutes, arguably perhaps even 35, to answer these things.

teeah

HSC
I usually set it up like a mini essay ~ 2 pages; have a brief intro and dive into analysis but obv don't make it as complex as a normal essay and then like a one line conclusion. Used this approach in trials and got 15/15 for this section. :)

Rawf

HSC
Copy? No, you have to ANSWER THE QUESTION

Also, you spend reading time doing your reading of the texts. It really shouldn't take you more than 40 minutes, arguably perhaps even 35, to answer these things.
My answers to the previous questions basically have all the ideas/quotes/techniques I've extracted from the texts. Could I just take these and just simply mould it around the question? Usually the question is really broad and just asks like.. how it relates to belonging or something like... what does this say about belonging etc.

Rawf

HSC
Are there different markers for each question of the short answers? or does 1 marker mark all questions? :(

avro

HSC
My teacher who marks AOS said that they want you to re use your analysis from the previous sections, but obviously with more elaboration and links to question. Mini essay structure is a must in order to get that 5.

Airstrike

HSC
Different markers mark different parts...
I use topic sentence for the last paper 1 question + show the comparison between the 2 texts
contrast and similarities of the 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)