• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How many marks would I get for this? (1 Viewer)

deswa1

HSC
You would get a good mark.

However, in the exam you will not have enough time to write all that above in such detail. If you did, then the 6/7 marks you gain here will be negated by the marks you lose elsewhere as a time consequence.
Chem exams have HEAPS of time. You can overanswer every question to the max and still finish -> this is what I did in trials and I still had 15 mins left.

ellie95

HSC
N/A
Chem exams have HEAPS of time. You can overanswer every question to the max and still finish -> this is what I did in trials and I still had 15 mins left.
:D do you think its worth it to give extra information relevant to question to gain more marks for yourself and should you stick to amount of lines or what if you go over?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I filled out all the space - satisfied nearly near every criteria (still lost like 9 mark somehow - fkn bs) but anyway, I'm usually sharp on time...

ellie95

HSC
N/A
I filled out all the space - satisfied nearly near every criteria (still lost like 9 mark somehow - fkn bs) but anyway, I'm usually sharp on time...
Thats heaps good, your really good at chem, smart much.

Rawf

HSC
Forensic Chem is sooo interesting, i do Industrial, not very interesting :p
I do industrial chem too haha. I don't know why but 'forensic chemistry' sounds sooo cool. My teacher however, said that it's actually pretty boring.
Furthermore, apparently the stuff you need for the experiments in forensic chemistry is pretty expensive.
Dw though, industrial is pretty easy :)

ellie95

HSC
N/A
:p , there's not much equations for forensics hehe
Too many in industrial chem:

1. Sulfuric acid production equations (easy)
2. Exothermic nature of sulfuric acid ionisation
3. Three electrolysis methods
4. Electrolysis of NaCl including molten, dilute, concentrated NaCl
5. Sulfuric acid as oxidising and dehydrating agent
6. Solvay process (annoying)

ellie95

HSC
N/A
I do industrial chem too haha. I don't know why but 'forensic chemistry' sounds sooo cool. My teacher however, said that it's actually pretty boring.
Furthermore, apparently the stuff you need for the experiments in forensic chemistry is pretty expensive.
Dw though, industrial is pretty easy :)
Haha too many equations, know all except solvay process.

deswa1

HSC
Forensic Chem is sooo interesting, i do Industrial, not very interesting :p
Really? I like industrial tbh (except for sodium hydroxide- that pisses me off :()

madharris

HSC
N/A
I haven't read it, however you might want to be looking at the amount of time you're spending one one question as that was ~400 words

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)