• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Will I get marked down for breaking up paragraphs with asterix (****) for creative?? (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Will I get marked down for breaking up paragraphs with asterix (****) for creative writing???

eg,

aljesha;ljsvasljvhas;lfjvhaslj;bhsa;jlbvhas;lrjdnhfonhdo;bvhuds;obh;oruh;oaerubh;ourbvhu;oadfhvn;oaudfvhnudskfbvhdfuhbvhv'fdsbjher'kdbj
djobrhhhfdddajoheriruhlhdljasfoanvraounoaiwvoarbvuoabvriuabvuoarbvoaubvraiuobvrairubvailwrbvilawubvlaiwuebfawiulebvlaisubvasilvbailuvba
alkrjvnaouvrhnairubva;orvna;oubv;aouvrn;aourbvoaurbvaw;orvnuawiouvnawilbvuawibvulawiubvaiuwebviaebwuviawuevbwievublaiuebviaewubvi

fiawuevhailrbvaiwerubvailwuevbailwuebvaiwuebviywebfgyubfdiaybdaibfaeufbiaebfiauefbaiewbfvaiweubvfaiwebfvaieufbvawieyfbgvawiebfvawievbaw
aieusvhaiugvailwuehaiulewvaiwebailwuefbiauweghilawuaiuweaiewuviarwuebgvaiwurgawilerughaierwuailewuhawilerugvawiurebgailwurbgvairwubgvarwiugv
uavwhawiuevhailwuevhaiuevailewvhaiewuhaiuewhawieubgvawieruhawierugaiugaewiugaiwuerghaiewulaweiughawieulghaiuewghiawueghaieugaiewughi

Also, is it true that you get marked down if you cross out alot of stuff in your essays and creative?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Re: Will I get marked down for breaking up paragraphs with asterix (****) for creativ

Depends if it's contextually appropriate

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Re: Will I get marked down for breaking up paragraphs with asterix (****) for creativ

Nope, it's perfectly fine.

barbernator

HSC

no, why? as long as they are used correctly in representing a time-shift and are not overused, there is no reason they will mark you down. If they detract from the impact of your short story however, i.e. shifting between settings/characters/times too greatly, you will not be marked as favourably, as a short story should be simple and direct.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Also, is it true that you get marked down if you cross out alot of stuff in your essays and creative?

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC

Of course not. I use it twice in my story and the teachers have no issues with it and even suggested places I do it in.

Also, I highly doubt it. Markers are conscious of exam pressure so they can forgive simple things like that provided they don't dominate the paper.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

I thought the convention was three astericks.

barbernator

HSC

why would you? the only reason you would lose marks in that sense if it is not long enough because you crossed out half your answer!

but no, the markers know that your writing is a first draft, under time pressure and they understand that there will be many mistakes made.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Excuse me, but what do you mean by that???

as in, *** (3 of these max you use each time you use it) or you can have long asterixes except you can only use it 3 times throughout the essay?

Please clarify sir

barbernator

HSC

as in, *** (3 of these max you use each time you use it) or you can have long asterixes except you can only use it 3 times throughout the essay?

Please clarify sir
*** each time you use it

wavess

HSC

In one exam, I wrote a whole paragraph and then crossed it all out just to re-write and get into the next booklet. Stupid, yes, but it looks better to have 3 booklets instead of 2

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

In one exam, I wrote a whole paragraph and then crossed it all out just to re-write and get into the next booklet. Stupid, yes, but it looks better to have 3 booklets instead of 2
One of the worst ideas I've heard

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC

Are you serious? That is legit one of the stupidest exam techniques I've ever heard in my life (no offence)

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad

Please clarify sir
lol

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC

Sorry but I lol'd hard

Lucas_

HSC

You are an imbecile

wavess

HSC

Lol I know that's why I said its stupid!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)