possible alternate solution to the volume question (check) (2 Viewers)

bleacher

HSC
so i have attached my solution to the volume question (4 marks), when i went tsfx lectures they specifically informed me to pertain to this method always when a cross-sectional volume questioned was ask, just some thoughts, and if if you think i will receive any marks.

Attachments

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
so i have attached my solution to the volume question (4 marks), when i went tsfx lectures they specifically informed me to pertain to this method always when a cross-sectional volume questioned was ask, just some thoughts, and if if you think i will receive any marks.
That method only works where the shape has linear sides. The volume in question was circular, so your solution's incorrect. You'll probably get at least one mark though (because your method applies to the base of the shape)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
That method only works where the shape has linear sides. The volume in question was circular, so your solution's incorrect. You'll probably get at least one mark though (because your method applies to the base of the shape)
Correct.

Best to not blindly use a method, but rather think about what is going on.

bleacher

HSC
ok i get u, also wondering how lienant are markers on generalised proofs if you know what i mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)