General Thoughts: Engineering Studies (1 Viewer)

BenBrownTown

HSC
yea that is what i got :)

and with the bending force question, the equation stress=my/I needs I in m^4 units, not mm^4 units, so you just had to convert the units of I and you got the right answer, there wasn't anything wrong with the question
good on ya :)

yeah I saw they put i a few sneak SI unit things in the paper

joeyz_da_ak2plz

HSC
amen.. what the hell was the role of the coil in that diagram? the demodulater i think

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
What did you guys do for the truss with the angled pin joint? i just did took concurrent lines straight off the truss till they crossed then used the 14kN to make a scale. Also for the pictorial drawing I started in a spot that made me not be able to fit it in nicely on the page so it went over the writing... will this effect the mark given for that question?
I haven't seen the question although I assume they told you the angle of the inclined support? If so, you just resolve the support into the X and Y direction components using the provided angle.

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
You downer, you have to use the right units. i.e. all in terms of metres to get a Pa answer, or all in terms of millimetres to get a MPa answer. You mustn't have converted something.
lol.

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC Engineering is the gayest subject imo

DefiningTheta

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL, All these people who found Engineering Studies hard.
Well, there goes your career as an engineer.

jimmyjones

HSC
ahah for L:D ratio i got 1:1 where the planes mass was 83 kg

Well ive learnt everything in that paper in class so pretty happy

joeyz_da_ak2plz

HSC
why does this subject not scale as well as physics, chem or bio and any other shitty subjects
I do physics and I reckon engineering studies is 10 times harder

lance687876

HSC
Uni Grad
it's because everyone does bad, there are hardly any people in the 90's
they have to scale the higher marks down to average it out.
it sucks but that's life. can't do much about it

BenBrownTown

HSC
8: i picked a, pretty sure you have to shade in the thread depth

10: i got c
for 10. did you develop expressions for sum of forces horizontal and vertical and then solve simultaneously?
Because when you do you find the value for N in terms of P and sub it in to the other and can then make P the subject and get the answer of D
also P needs to be broken down into two seperate expressions for vertical and horizontal force with respect to the slope

frecklesthedog

HSC
N/A
for 10. did you develop expressions for sum of forces horizontal and vertical and then solve simultaneously?
Because when you do you find the value for N in terms of P and sub it in to the other and can then make P the subject and get the answer of D
also P needs to be broken down into two seperate expressions for vertical and horizontal force with respect to the slope
All that for multiple choice, was easier to guess..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)