General Thoughts: Engineering Studies (1 Viewer)

SoopaMario1

HSC
N/A
copy of the paper??
Can't do sorry, most of the answers are done on the paper itself. I might upload MC questions though.

Yeah that circuit question was really hard.

Thanks machine2035, my drawing sounds similar to yours. ('sunken' outer circle with full inner one, one side sectioned except for the small square of the 'sunken' circle).

On the L: D ratio, i just took tan of the angle, it looked like a possible solution?

For weight I found the sum of the vertical forces... I got eighty something? someone confirm if possible?

Last edited:

eshaygabberbrah

HSC
hahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahha wtf was that exam?

All of the history was on aeronautics, not split between civil like my trials & half yearly had, and nothing on testing or orbits like lance said^
also, wtf was that logic shit thing in MC??? please explain board of studies...

ChrisLLL

HSC
FUCK MAN WOW This exam seriously has put me in a position for UWS. FML My dreams of a decent uni are over.

Hey Scott mate looks like ill see you parra campus UWS.

Last edited:

pmescotty

HSC
so fucking hard... compared to maths yesterday fuaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
goodbye 85 atar - i now understand why my year advisor says do 12 units

Bozza555

HSC
the L : D ratio; tan(theta)=drag/lift, you had drag and the angle..

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Could someone please upload the exam so I can take a look at it to see the claimed errors?

Bozza555

HSC
it wasn't too bad, it's like every other year with questions you can do and ones that are unexpected. Just alot of drawing this year

machine2035

HSC
N/A
Could someone please upload the exam so I can take a look at it to see the claimed errors?
Unless someone got a spare copy, none of the student will be able to. The writing space was within the question booklet. MC is an exemption.

cavoooo

HSC
most bullshit ive ever written in my life, and i have never guessed so many multiple choice.. deffs harder then trial and previous pass papers

lance687876

HSC
Uni Grad
Can't do sorry, most of the answers are done on the paper itself. I might upload MC questions though.

Thanks machine2035, my drawing sounds similar to yours. ('sunken' outer circle with full inner one, one side sectioned except for the small square of the 'sunken' circle).

On the L: D ratio, i just took tan of the angle, it looked like a possible solution?

For weight I found the sum of the vertical forces... I got eighty something? someone confirm if possible?
how does that give you a solution?

and l got 84kg. l subtracted it from the weight of the person and got 1 kg. l'm pretty sure the plane doesnt weigh 1 kg so l added them up and got 167 kg. l used the graphical method.
l think we're both wrong. but don't worry, l'm sure nearly everyone in the state is wrong as well.

laser6628

HSC
N/A
holy shit, everyone from my school found it hard. lucky other schools did too then. also the exam writers just hate life....

BenBrownTown

HSC

this question i loved it, You graphically do it, draw a straight line down, lift is perpendicular to the drag and thrust so it is 75 degrees to the horizontal, and then connect up the two at a gap of 1600N to your scale this then can be measured or used with trig, I got a weight of the glider of about 515 Kg

The L: D was 6181:1600 which is like 3.9:1 :D

SoopaMario1

HSC
N/A
i got one sixty something, and when i subtracted the weight of the person i got eighty something... not one :p

machine2035

HSC
N/A
this question i loved it, You graphically do it, draw a straight line down, lift is perpendicular to the drag and thrust so it is 75 degrees to the horizontal, and then connect up the two at a gap of 1600N to your scale this then can be measured or used with trig, I got a weight of the glider of about 515 Kg

Damn, I nearly guessed it with 4:1!

Bnr

HSC
The claimed error was for a bending force question. The second moment of inertia was 14x10^6mm^4 which im pretty sure should be 14x10^-6mm^4. Using the first one gave you an unrealistic number, something like 0.0000018Pa when it specified in MPa. I just used 14x10^-6 which gave me 180MPa.

What did you guys do for the truss with the angled pin joint? i just did took concurrent lines straight off the truss till they crossed then used the 14kN to make a scale. Also for the pictorial drawing I started in a spot that made me not be able to fit it in nicely on the page so it went over the writing... will this effect the mark given for that question?

Bozza555

HSC

yea that is what i got :)

and with the bending force question, the equation stress=my/I needs I in m^4 units, not mm^4 units, so you just had to convert the units of I and you got the right answer, there wasn't anything wrong with the question

frecklesthedog

HSC
N/A
You downer, you have to use the right units. i.e. all in terms of metres to get a Pa answer, or all in terms of millimetres to get a MPa answer. You mustn't have converted something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)