Would this justify? (1 Viewer)

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
Hey everyone.

With the HSC, I know there are some leeway in marking

For the short answers, with the HR bit. I wrote "recruitment and separation" would that be okay?

And also, with the strategies, I blanked out (the only part i did) I wrote Grievence Procedures and performance Apprasials.

I justified it as the follwoing

Grievience: I wrote it allows the company to appropiate make redundant staff memeber, and I waffled on about how it allows a greater efficient process.

With Apprasials, I said that the company can use it as an indicator to determine to who fire.

Renegader

HSC
Well, recruitment is a part of acquisition but I think they might have been looking for the actual process as stated in the syllabus, so I'm not sure if they'd give you a mark.

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
Well, recruitment is a part of acquisition but I think they might have been looking for the actual process as stated in the syllabus, so I'm not sure if they'd give you a mark.
Darn, hope they do.

What about my strategies?

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
Oh lol why did you answer then :p

You do it next year.

I know I got 20/20 for MC, at leaset 35/40 for SA. and around 18 for both essays = 92/100 raw

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
Haha yeah. My teacher expected a band 6. Hoping that they will still accept it.

Hopefully the strategies will be accpetable too.

Safi Khan

HSC
Hey everyone.

For the short answers, with the HR bit. I wrote "recruitment and separation" would that be okay?

And also, with the strategies, I blanked out (the only part i did) I wrote Grievence Procedures and performance Apprasials.

Grievience: I wrote it allows the company to appropiate make redundant staff memeber, and I waffled on about how it allows a greater efficient process.

With Apprasials, I said that the company can use it as an indicator to determine to who fire.
I think you should get both marks for the first part, and probs 2/3 for both the others and maybe you can scrape in 3/3 if u went on about the right thing. Coz i saw that it doesnt have to be from the syllabus, it just needs to be valid for the question

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
I think you should get both marks for the first part, and probs 2/3 for both the others and maybe you can scrape in 3/3 if u went on about the right thing. Coz i saw that it doesnt have to be from the syllabus, it just needs to be valid for the question
Hopefully.

I know the HSC markers give leeway in some sense. That they will give you some credit for incorrect answers. i.e. if you can justify it appropiately.

Safi Khan

HSC
I got so pissed during the test coz i finished with 50 mins left (seriously) but i didnt add to my responses, you reckon 5 pages for each will be good enough for 18+?

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
I got so pissed during the test coz i finished with 50 mins left (seriously) but i didnt add to my responses, you reckon 5 pages for each will be good enough for 18+?
How fast did you write?? I would never of had 50 mins to spare.

I had 20 pages per essay,but i have terrible handwriting. So it would be like 5-8 pages max

HSC
Hey everyone.

Nah, business is all about the syllabus, and you haven't used the right syllabus terms in either section.

You'll get 1 mark for identifying separation, but not for recruitment. Acquisition is what they are looking for.

As for the strategies, performance appraisals are part of performance management, although if you haven't used the term performance management, you'll probably get 2 at best.

As for grievance procedures, that's probably not going to score too highly (sorry). Grievance procedures are for the resolution of industrial disputes, not for making staff redundant, and are also not listed under HR strategies in the syllabus, so you might pick up a mark if what you have written is quality.

So I'd say you'll probably get 4 out of the possible 8, maybe 3 if they're strict. Not too bad for a total mental blank I suppose.

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
Nah, business is all about the syllabus, and you haven't used the right syllabus terms in either section.

You'll get 1 mark for identifying separation, but not for recruitment. Acquisition is what they are looking for.

As for the strategies, performance appraisals are part of performance management, although if you haven't used the term performance management, you'll probably get 2 at best.

As for grievance procedures, that's probably not going to score too highly (sorry). Grievance procedures are for the resolution of industrial disputes, not for making staff redundant, and are also not listed under HR strategies in the syllabus, so you might pick up a mark if what you have written is quality.

So I'd say you'll probably get 4 out of the possible 8, maybe 3 if they're strict. Not too bad for a total mental blank I suppose.
Yeah,I am hoping for at least 4 out of 8. Had a total mental blank :(

Zenox

HSC
For that 2 marker i wrote Recruitment and Separation as well, it should have been Acquisition because it stated 'process' . Just hoping they will accept recruitment...

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
For that 2 marker i wrote Recruitment and Separation as well, it should have been Acquisition because it stated 'process' . Just hoping they will accept recruitment...
Alot of people in my cohort wrote recruitment. I am so angry at myself for messing up the HR strategies though

Lavi

HSC
I'm pretty sure they would be looking for acquisition and separation coz they specifically stated processes, but I also had a mental blank with the strategy question too, what was the question again??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)