Who is pumped/not so pumped for modern history tomorrow? :P (1 Viewer)

stillthinkin

HSC
not so pumped :(, I just have a paranoia before every exam :)
But aren't you the optimist? Don't worry, it will be okay, one of the best things about modern history is that you can bs your way through it when you get stuck. I'm pretty excited.

jenslekman

HSC
But aren't you the optimist? Don't worry, it will be okay, one of the best things about modern history is that you can bs your way through it when you get stuck. I'm pretty excited.
HA this. :)

what section are most people worried about?

stillthinkin

HSC
International peace and conflict considering it was the last topic we did and we basically rushed through it...so hopefully if I can survive Indochina, I can get through the rest of the exam.

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
Can't say I'm pumped, can't say I'm not pumped, i must be somewhere in between. The thing I find about modern history is the unpredictability of events, theres just no knowledge of how broad the question will be (to me, the broader the better) or whether it'd be specific to a certain subject. Undoubtedly, throughout the entire test it requires a lot of content to be memorised, even I get to a stage where I can memorise a damn lot of information, yet still be fearing that I do not know enough, I find it very hard to walk into any modern history exam and feel that I know every single detail.
There might be places in the content that I memorised that might not even be needed for a certain question, and since it is so hard to know what they will choose (hoping it's a generic) effectively, I have to allocate all my time and resources to doing a jack of all trades, pretty much knowing each section, but unable to completely get every single minute detail of each section, besides the key features and events

jenslekman

HSC
lol - personally i'm pumped for national studies, and not so pumped for both parts of personalities, and alright for the rest :p

inJust

HSC
If I get the q I prepared for, I'll gun it. If not, I'm failing. Easy as that...

ArguablyMitch

HSC
Bring on National Studies and the Core 10 marker (free marks). Not so pumped for Conflict or Personality

Pop Culture

HSC
N/A
The only thing I am confident with is the personality section. The questions can apply to any person, so it's not specific about certain events or concepts. You basically drive your own argument backed with your own choices. This is unlike my other sections Germany and Conflict in Europe, where they could ask you to write about anything, shaping your response. This is my problem with history. When you don't know the question beforehand, it becomes very difficult. As there is so much content, it is really hard to know everything well when there are a range of possibilities. I'm not expecting to do very well. I've only had 2 days to study, and I have another exam tomorrow as well. I feel like I'm throwing away all the hard work and success I've had this year in Modern over one exam to be honest.

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Modern isn't my best subject, but I am hoping to at least get an over 80 mark raw... I know I am not getting a 90+, I have accepted that.

I am quite confident with WW1 and personalities (i find personalities an easier way to get some marks tbh) but Germany I am quite nervous, and conflict in the pacific, we also rushed through that and so much of my class sort of had to go on our own with the rest. Judging from my trials, I now I will improve because I have tried harder, I just don't know how much I will improve, and i hope Germany is in my favour.

NinaChapps

HSC
As I cut a lot of corners while studying, I'm just hoping I revised the right content. If I did, I'd be golden, if not..well , I'm just hoping for the best.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
My Modern teacher believes in me haha, but I am very disparate (right word?) with how I go in topics.

If I can get through Indochina, I will be okay. WW1 and Russia are my better sections, Personality is ok, I just don't like conflict.

Last history exam I'll ever sit in my life w0000t

allly123

HSC
Pumped? Come on so much information you have to know, plus the unpredictability of the questions...no!
SO many essays that I had to write.. oh boy,.. how I want to just finish this.

NOT looking forward to Conflicts :SS

CommunityFan

HSC
source analysis WW1 and National studies (Germany) I'm fine... International conflict (Conflict in Europe)and friggin personality (albert speer) I'm bummed out =.=

God help me... I know I that modern is my least favourite subject (not because of the content) because of the friggin essays but if I can get over 80+ I will be sooo happy!!! 75+ is good enough :p I can rely on my other subjects to get me a good ATAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)