General Thoughts: Software Design and Development (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your answers here

Cyberbully

Where do you live?
HSC
Too many algorithms based ones. Can be good or bad depending on you.

sddmustache is Darren shen

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Fucking BRILLIANT exam. Good on ya BOS. THAT is what SDD should be about.

jackss

HSC
That was bloody hard as far as software exams go

Was nice to have quite a bit of problem solving but took like 5 minutes just to actually read a 4 mark algorithm question...

WolfEmDown

LOL ign : PlayDis
HSC
sucks when ive been using 1st edition pretty much and made up crap for the cloud computing question >.>
too many algorithms
storyboard drawing was fun

funnyday

HSC
For me all the short responses were damn easy except algorithms which I took too long to figure out.. Hardware option was really straight foward as well.
Overall I thought it was a pretty good exam, nothing I haven't come across before.

cosrob97

HSC
N/A
Fucking hard as hell. WHy did they put so many in!!!!!!!!!!!

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Never have I written so many algorithms in my life! NEVER AGAIN :D Although, it was a hard test...or maybe I really couldn't give a crap about SDD, but yea! Glad its over :D

nixxelpixxel

HSC
I thought it was a very long exam in comparison to past years. Most of the theory was tested in the multiple choice, with way too many algorithms in the short answers. I was happy with the option topic (Q32) and hope they'll be quite generous with some of those 4 markers!

ahdil33

HSC
Enjoyed it, thought I did pretty good. So many algorithms haha, I like them but I know people who hate them. I think overall it was far harder than the past five years just because of algorithms. Expecting the majority of the state to do poorly and for SDD to align very well this year.

Last edited:

Gigacube

HSC
Loved this years exam! :D I thought it was a good mix of theory, algorithms & system modelling tools this year and I found the option topic (The Interrelationship Between Hardware & Software) fairly straightforward.

And I didn't see any fish this year. :(

:fish:

How did you all go for time management? It took me a bit longer than previous years but I still had about 15 mins of checking time.

I'm very happy to end the HSC with this exam. :)

kastle

HSC
Okay what i put for MC
1.A
2.D
3.A
4.B
5.C
6.B
7.D
8.C
9.D
10.C
11.B
12.C
13.A
14.A
15.I cant remember
16.B
17.A
18.C
19.C (I guessed that)
20.B

ahdil33

HSC
Loved this years exam! :D I thought it was a good mix of theory, algorithms & system modelling tools this year and I found the option topic (The Interrelationship Between Hardware & Software) fairly straightforward.

And I didn't see any fish this year. :(

:fish:

How did you all go for time management? It took me a bit longer than previous years but I still had about 15 mins of checking time.

I'm very happy to end the HSC with this exam. :)
Finished in the end with about 15 minutes to go as well. But people I know who do reasonably well just finished in time though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)