Combined Medicine Interviews/Acceptances 2013! (2 Viewers)

rosemcc

HSC
Hi all - last night I got an email for an interview for the used combined med program! I'm way too excited.
Anyone know if there's anything special about the interview process? And how many people get interviews in relation to how many people get spots in the program? I'm combining mine with science btw (if I get it)
Congrats to any others with interviews also!

swimfast

HSC
Uni Grad
I got a phone call but no email ? I'll have to call back on monday or even thursday :S I've heard that there's around 50 interviews for 30 spots. I did get a letter a while ago which says "The process is a semi-structured and objective process, which may take up to 50 minutes (the short writing task will last approximately 30 minutes, follow up questions may last up to 20 min)"

deswa1

HSC
How do they have fifty interviews? I thought they only interview .95's and there are only 48 of those and quite a few of them don't even have med on their uac preferences?

halapenyo

HSC
How do they have fifty interviews? I thought they only interview .95's and there are only 48 of those and quite a few of them don't even have med on their uac preferences?
international students/interstate applicants?

rosemcc

HSC
I got an email pretty sure because my phone number I had in UAC was an American one that I don't use anymore - so they emailed me! 50 still seems big!
48 get 99.95, how many of those are doing law, doing undergrad med, doing something random - only the leftovers would be doing the usyd combined med. But I guess there are others like me - domestic applicant but with USA qualifications.
I'm hoping the interview process isn't too terrifying!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I got an email pretty sure because my phone number I had in UAC was an American one that I don't use anymore - so they emailed me! 50 still seems big!
48 get 99.95, how many of those are doing law, doing undergrad med, doing something random - only the leftovers would be doing the usyd combined med. But I guess there are others like me - domestic applicant but with USA qualifications.
I'm hoping the interview process isn't too terrifying!
but all of them would try for usyd med too.

deswa1

HSC
Yeah this. I know some of my friends that got .95 and they had amazing UMAT's too so they were into pretty much any uni in NSW but they still had USyd in their preferences somewhere even though they had things like UNSW first

rosemcc

HSC
Ah true, when do undergrad med offers come out? Would places open up if they decline the spot at usyd because they're going somewhere else?
I'm sure the interview will be fine I'm just getting my panties in a twist, paranoid that I won't do well!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah this. I know some of my friends that got .95 and they had amazing UMAT's too so they were into pretty much any uni in NSW but they still had USyd in their preferences somewhere even though they had things like UNSW first
yeah, because you never really know how you go in the interview after you get in so just try for everywhere.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah true, when do undergrad med offers come out? Would places open up if they decline the spot at usyd because they're going somewhere else?
I'm sure the interview will be fine I'm just getting my panties in a twist, paranoid that I won't do well!
Main Round and every round after that.

I think so.

I think the interview is a lot less intensive than elsewhere considering it is only like 1 hour instead of 3 or more and stuff. So don't stress. Just be yourself and you'll be fine.

rosemcc

HSC
Main Round and every round after that.

I think so.

I think the interview is a lot less intensive than elsewhere considering it is only like 1 hour instead of 3 or more and stuff. So don't stress. Just be yourself and you'll be fine.
thanks! fingers crossed!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Good luck everyone! As treasurer of the Combined Med. Assoc I look forward to meeting you all during our events =). Stay confident during the interview and you'll kill it!

applebear0730

HSC
Hi Rosemcc, hope your interview went well!

How difficult was the writing and what does the discussion session with the faculty staff/small group involve? Also, one last question, what did you and the other female applicants wear to the interview?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)