Bus routes to/from central st./unsw (1 Viewer)

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok the thread title is self-explanatory. I've tried researching 131500 but I want to know an insider's point of view. What are the best buses to catch at 8.30 (peak) or later during the day (non-peak) and back to Central? Thankya!

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
From Central to Uni the best bus to take is the 895/891. They run from like 7:00 am to about 1:00 pm.

After those hours, buses departing from Central are 391, 393 and 395.

From uni, the 895 starts around 4:30 pm to about 9:00 pm. Before then the buses to Central are 391, 393 and 395. Alternatively, you could take the 392, 394, 396, 397, 399, L94 and M10 to Elizabeth St and walk to Town Hall station.

Last edited:

aaron_syd

HSC
im not an insider (yet) but i'd guess 891 going there and 393 395 895 coming back; that's my plan unless there's anything more frequent or quicker

Edit: Trans4M Beat me to it lol so yea i guess those ones r the best

D94

HSC
N/A
And the M50 is from the Chalmers St. exit off Central Station right? I like bendy buses :D
Yes. If you're going to UNSW, the bus stop is on the opposite side of the road. Going back to central, the bus stop is alongside High St at Gate 9 and Gate 2.

SunnyScience

HSC
Buses seriously confuse me. My method of attack is asking the bus driver "Does this bus go to central?" or "Will this take me to uni?". Yes, I'm that guy. :p

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Ahh yeah same here. I always look out for the Anzac Pde sign on the bus. We will get there.......... in time. No shame in asking - better safe than sorry hehe :)

R

RishadM

Haha, trust me from an insider's view - if you want to go from central to uni or uni to central, the best bus is no doubt the central express (891/895). It runs quite frequently during normal hours. But if your leaving uni early (like before noon) or very late (9:30pm+) then Metro buses are good. The uni buses also have 3 stops at the uni. The first stop is pretty much a minute walk to the law/chem/ASB buildings (only lower campus stop). The second stop is a minute walk to the Main Library (upper campus) and the last stop is just adjacent to the UNSW Medicine building and biological sciences and Psychology stuff (upper campus). When leaving uni they all just go straight to central, no stops - just uni passengers.
I wouldn't really suggest any of the 3** buses because unless your going somewhere specific, these buses stop alot and pick up heaps of people and take longer routes. Only take these if you have no other option.
Just follow the huge line of people who look like students lol and you'll end up at the central expresses.

HSC
N/A
Buses seriously confuse me. My method of attack is asking the bus driver "Does this bus go to central?" or "Will this take me to uni?". Yes, I'm that guy. :p
my plan of attack is to follow a mob of asians every morning ^_^

inb4 I follow a tourist group. LOL.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Haha, trust me from an insider's view - if you want to go from central to uni or uni to central, the best bus is no doubt the central express (891/895). It runs quite frequently during normal hours. But if your leaving uni early (like before noon) or very late (9:30pm+) then Metro buses are good. The uni buses also have 3 stops at the uni. The first stop is pretty much a minute walk to the law/chem/ASB buildings (only lower campus stop). The second stop is a minute walk to the Main Library (upper campus) and the last stop is just adjacent to the UNSW Medicine building and biological sciences and Psychology stuff (upper campus). When leaving uni they all just go straight to central, no stops - just uni passengers.
I wouldn't really suggest any of the 3** buses because unless your going somewhere specific, these buses stop alot and pick up heaps of people and take longer routes. Only take these if you have no other option.
Just follow the huge line of people who look like students lol and you'll end up at the central expresses.
391 is the next best thing though.

391 follows the exact same route to uni as the 891 but it just keeps going along Anzac Parade.

393 and 395 go weird ways through Surrey Hills (sp?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)