Courses for Commerce/Sci help!! (2 Viewers)

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
so confused as to what courses i should be doing in each year....
i only know to do the compulsory but the handbook doesn't really say much about what to choose in each sem in different years (engineering handbook says what they should:frown2: do for some reason)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You focus semester by semester.

The list of subjects you have to do is a list they will check that you've completed at the end of your degree. You take them in any order, 24 uoc or so at a time (usually 4 subjects per semester), as long as you complete all the requirements for your degree.

Of course there are prerequisites for level 2 or 3 courses so you'd usually do the level 1 courses first, etc. etc.

For Commerce, just focus on doing the Core subjects or Elective Core subjects. For Science, I don't know what major you're pursuing so you'll have to go to whatever major's page you're pursuing and then look at the level 1 courses.

Pick 4 from the Commerce or Science subjects, and that's what you enrol in. Same again next semester.

Keep doing this until you do all you need to do.

Alkanes

HSC
You're screwed as fuck if you havn't enrolled into the commerce cores yet. All the good times are filled up lol.

But to answer your question, you can choose to do 2 commerce and 2 science for 1st semester or 3 commerce/1 science etc. It's your choice.

HSC
N/A
i think it's a good idea for you to have a good idea of what you wanna major in for the science degree, because you're only doing your major subjects- there are no core science subjects or flexible electives like there are with the commerce component. You can think of your commerce major later, you have a good year to think, but you only have 96uoc worth of science subjects, and if your major is something like vision science, you dont have the opportunity to fuck around and try different units to see what you like because vision science is 90uoc (you only have 1 free science elective pretty much). Long story short, pick a major now. LOL.

For example, i'm intending on doing a psychology major, and as there are only 12uoc of level I science courses offered in this major, I need to do another 12uoc of level I science free electives, as an academic rule is that you cant progress to level II science courses before completing at least 24uoc of level I. So, yeah.

I'm getting my commerce cores done this sem, so i have 3 commerce and 1 sci subjects. Next sem, it'll be 3 science and 1 science.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
i think it's a good idea for you to have a good idea of what you wanna major in for the science degree, because you're only doing your major subjects- there are no core science subjects or flexible electives like there are with the commerce component. You can think of your commerce major later, you have a good year to think, but you only have 96uoc worth of science subjects, and if your major is something like vision science, you dont have the opportunity to fuck around and try different units to see what you like because vision science is 90uoc (you only have 1 free science elective pretty much). Long story short, pick a major now. LOL.

For example, i'm intending on doing a psychology major, and as there are only 12uoc of level I science courses offered in this major, I need to do another 12uoc of level I science free electives, as an academic rule is that you cant progress to level II science courses before completing at least 24uoc of level I. So, yeah.

I'm getting my commerce cores done this sem, so i have 3 commerce and 1 sci subjects. Next sem, it'll be 3 science and 1 science.
yes. :p

(the 'science' better be macroeconomics!)

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
so after i complete all my compulsory cores in 1st sem..
do i just start choosing level 2 courses of the same core subjects (ACCT,ECON,MGMT) for sem 2 ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)