hi (1 Viewer)

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
Lee has easy questions compared to Cambridge IMO ... Also lee has hsc styled questions ...

Chicken Burger

HSC
agreed, many of my peers are debating as to whether which one is more difficult, most of them say cambridge is easier, but I disagree...

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
agreed, many of my peers are debating as to whether which one is more difficult, most of them say cambridge is easier, but I disagree...
Cambridge is just weird because of his black n white print and ugly diagrams :p and it doesn't even cover the entire course, but of course for my exams, I used all textbooks; T.lee, Patel, Cambridge, fitzpatrick, excel, study guides lol

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Depends on the topic.

Generally, the Terry Lee textbook is more difficult. However, some questions are irrelevant to the HSC and thus appear difficult not because of the difficulty, but because of the lack of exposure.

For example, the syllabus strictly states that locus problems to do with the ellipse are not required, but his book has quite a lot of difficult locus problems.

As for HSC style, that's a hard claim to make. The style of the HSC is changing, and has always been changing. There are now a lot more proof questions as opposed to calculations, and his book has a substantial number of calculation questions. Also, you may notice that in recent HSC questions, there have been a lot of "Prove that AB x CD = EF^2" kind of questions, but there are very few of them in his book.

On the other hand, the Coroneos book has MANY of these types of questions (more than 10 iirc) and essentially every single past conics question in the HSC is also in his book.

But tl;dr the answer is Terry Lee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)