• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it still possible to get a 90+ ATAR? (2 Viewers)

swoozie

HSC
Hi guys,

I am just wondering if I can still get a 90 ATAR if I did really bad in my half yearlys. For most of my subjects the weighing is around 20-30%.I really stuffed up but i know i can do a lot better. Is it still possible if i can make it up in the trials,hsc exams and the assessment along the way to the trials with these half yearly exams:

Standard English: 50%
General Maths: 50%
Industrial Technology(Multimedia): 58%
Engineering Studies: 37%
Physics: 22%
SOR: 60%

cineti970128

HSC
OK
i am not trying to be offensive or anything
let's just look at these numbers
with these marks, you re looking around 60~70ish atar mark (may be lower) assuming the numbers next to each subject are representing raw marks

People say they can improve and they are going to do better in trials and hsc exams. They hardly do that.
Even though you improve, you are not going to jump from getting 50% to 90% in 3months.

My advice: no offence
start looking at careers other than going to an university
there are a lot of good jobs you can get with TAFE degrees
Best wishes

O

Omed62

Hi guys,

I am just wondering if I can still get a 90 ATAR if I did really bad in my half yearlys. For most of my subjects the weighing is around 20-30%.I really stuffed up but i know i can do a lot better. Is it still possible if i can make it up in the trials,hsc exams and the assessment along the way to the trials with these half yearly exams:

Standard English: 50%
General Maths: 50%
Industrial Technology(Multimedia): 58%
Engineering Studies: 37%
Physics: 22%
SOR: 60%
Lol, don't worry. you can still get above 90... I will tell you how...

If you work extremely hard from now till the end and get 90 in all youyr subjects and ace your trails ( which maybe 30% weighting) and compeletly smash the HSC. You can end up getting a 90 or even >90. It is possible, since the scale your marks depending on your overal raw mark and rank in school. So try your best by making your own notes from now on.

For example; Sor 1, physics, Engineering and indus tech- Start making notes now from the Syllabus and then manage your time to reveise these throughout these holidays, so you can free up time for your trials. Then ace your HSC- there you go above 90. BUT ONLY IF YOU DO YOU WORK LOL. SEE YOU LOW MARKS- USE this as a motivation to write up notes and practice 20 questions a day on maths and english write essays and refine them, each day.

TRUST IF YOU DO, this you will see a dramatice improvement in your marks. PEOPLE here just trying to get you unmotivated, so you can fail your hSC- FIGHT FOR YOUR MARKS, WORK HARD sweating all day and you can achieve above 90. Trust just do like what I told you here. good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)