Physics scaling. (2 Viewers)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
What is the ranking of option topics in terms of scaling for the past 5 years?

I want to do Age of Silicon because I am really interested in it, but there are many barriers preventing me from doing the option.
If it is in the top 2 out of the 5 in terms of scaling then I will try my hardest to make it work and to do the option as I am looking for a Band 6.
If Q2Q is better scaled then I will do that instead. Also, Medical Physics is a last resort.

I find both equally amusing and I know that I will get around the same mark for these two options, as I only tend to make silly mistakes here and there and am need to improve more on the question verbs rather than content.

So basically, the trend in scaling in the past 5 years or so will settle out the difference between the two (possibly three) modules.

Thanks in advance.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I would avoid Age if Silicon - it's quite competitive since there's quite a lot of students that have played with electronics for ages and it's difficult to outclass them. Unless that's you, I wouldn't recommend it.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I would avoid Age if Silicon - it's quite competitive since there's quite a lot of students that have played with electronics for ages and it's difficult to outclass them. Unless that's you, I wouldn't recommend it.
I am not really the type who has played with electronics for ages, but as a naturally aspirated engineer type person, I have always had interest in electronics.
I never really get the chance at electronics and I found it quite hard at first. But nowadays, I actually enjoyed and understood Motors and Generators and semi-conductors and superconductors. I also looked at the binary and logic gates stuff and it looked really interesting and relevant to what I want to do later on.

Also, I thought only a small handful of students do this module, hence making it more competitive for high marks. With the students picking this module, I am guessing that maybe they would be those who tend to do well in motors and generators and I2I, hence scaling the module better. If not, then these students will do not as great in the module age of silicon (i'm guessing), allowing me to maybe do better.

The part in bold means I don't know, but I think so.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)