• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trial Discussion Thread. (1 Viewer)

Makematics

HSC

On a related note, what's the most marks you ever had for a part of a question?
for maths?? 8 marks. due to the terrible mark allocation, a reasonable volumes Q was given 8 marks. if you wanna check it out it is on spiral's dropbox. go to the 2004 paper from my school, it is Q8(a). also if you're interested Q7(b) of that same paper was the hardest question in our 3u trial today. and i did it before when practicing for 4u -.-

Last edited:

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
On a related note, what's the most marks you ever had for a part of a question?
My recent MX2 test was volumes and mechanics. The volumes questions were just 5 and 6 markers. It told you the curves and axis of rotational, and just said find the volume. So you had to find the expression for the shell/slice/etc, then find the volume expression, then integrate it. They were not short or easy volumes either lol.

HSC
N/A
for maths?? 8 marks. due to the terrible mark allocation, a reasonable volumes Q was given 8 marks. if you wanna check it out it is on spiral's dropbox. go to the 2004 paper from my school, it is Q8(a). also if you're interested Q7(b) of that same paper was the hardest question in our 3u trial today. and i did it before when practicing for 4u -.-
Hey for the 7b, that's in the phoenix book(the owain roland-jones one) for 3u(in projectile motion section, question 5), and the copyright says 2002

Makematics

HSC
Hey for the 7b, that's in the phoenix book(the owain roland-jones one) for 3u(in projectile motion section, question 5), and the copyright says 2002
lol yeh well my school always steals shit from everywhere so i wouldnt be surprised

Makematics

HSC

Anyway, ive lost about 10-15 marks in all my MX2 tests as far as I can recall, majority of them were in the half yearly when I got cocky and ignored the study of integration and volumes.

How 'bout u, Makematics?
lost 6 marks so far for the first two tasks. already did the trial and lost a few there but havent got it back yet so dont know how many.

PEPPERING MY ANGUS FOR THE LEGAL SLAUGHTER

I'm actually expecting to break my record of worst exam mark ever
do i sense a snake in here?

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
I don't think I understand what a snake is... isn't a snake someone who says they don't study and then... studies? I crammed at least 8 hours for legal... the questions were good so I did better than expected, yay!

iBibah

HSC
I don't think I understand what a snake is... isn't a snake someone who says they don't study and then... studies? I crammed at least 8 hours for legal... the questions were good so I did better than expected, yay!
Hmmm snake justification.....

Makematics

HSC
oh so snake is a general term? i thought it was only used for academic peopleZ. one of my friends is the WORST snake i swear...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)