• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does UNSW Scale? (1 Viewer)

A12345

HSC
I just received back my law exams today and it seems that after adding up one course is off by 6 marks and the other another 6.5... Does UNSW law normally scale, and by this much?? Seems rather extreme, you write D/HD essays in exam yet you get scaled back into credit? Never heard of it happening to any of my commerce subjects...?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I just received back my law exams today and it seems that after adding up one course is off by 6 marks and the other another 6.5... Does UNSW law normally scale, and by this much?? Seems rather extreme, you write D/HD essays in exam yet you get scaled back into credit? Never heard of it happening to any of my commerce subjects...?
Yes law courses are scaled. They are required to fit you in a bell curve according to your lecturer's students. If your lecturer has too many students with HDs and Ds some will need to be scale down and similarly, if most people are getting pass and credits, then they will need to be scaled up. That's what happened to me for Admin Law, my raw mark is a distinction, however, I got scaled down and barely scraped a credit cause so many people in my class got HD and D results which needed to be scaled down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)