Trial Discussion Thread. (4 Viewers)

iBibah

HSC
Quick question guys, the people who are doing Extension 2 Mathematics in my year don't have to do any 2U exams because apparently they get 100%. Is this true?
Not really. When you take up extension 2 maths, you stop being assessed in 2U maths. You still need to learn it though, so MX1 become 2 units to account for this. MX2 also becomes 2 units, totalling 4 units of maths.

These students are not ranked among 2u students at all, and they don't get a mark for 2u. The reason for doing the above (i think) is so you dont have a student doing 6 units of maths.

They may claim they are capable of 100%, but that's not the case at all. They are simply not involved in 2u other than learning the content as assumed knowledge for 3u mx1 and mx2.

iBibah

HSC
Yeah. They don't have to. It's assumed they get a band 6. But, they would've done 2U as an accelerated student anyway

Speaking of maths ...
Got maths 2U mark back today.
Not necessarily.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Bro, dw. I'm sure the guy behind you is like 50 marks behind, and you will have a very strong external performance, go on and govern the nation and lead Australia in the right direction.
The guy behind me: "I think I actually got like 30%".

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Bro, dw. I'm sure the guy behind you is like 50 marks behind, and you will have a very strong external performance, go on and govern the nation and lead Australia in the right direction.
This is true, this was actually my future when I went to a fortune teller in the Himalayas at 3am in the morning drunk.

iBibah

HSC
Bro you should see the bs with my sor trial

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
you should see the marking for bio in my school lol

...highest 96/100
two equaled 95/100
and one 93/100
There will be a lot of state rankers for bio from your school this year
Unless if the exam was incredibly basic

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Got 4U trials back guise, I didn't bomb out as hard as I'd thought I would but it's going to be pretty detrimental for my rankings.

Got 72/100.
Had 2 friends getting in the high 50s/100. Lowest in grade was below 40.
Heaps of people got 80 or above cause test wasn't that bad --> but I hated the questions.
2 people got 100/100.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Got 4U trials back guise, I didn't bomb out as hard as I'd thought I would but it's going to be pretty detrimental for my rankings.

Got 72/100.
Had 2 friends getting in the high 50s/100. Lowest in grade was below 40.
Heaps of people got 80 or above cause test wasn't that bad --> but I hated the questions.
2 people got 100/100.
Still a good result. It's not what you wanted, but it's far from bad. You're also on twelve units. Hope you go well for the rest!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)