Regrets (Tips for a year 11 soon to be in year 12) (1 Viewer)

mr pappagiorgio

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys i was just wondering if you could mention some of your regrets throughout your HSC year and leading up to your HSC exams (for which there is still 30 days obviously for 2013 HSC students) - btw it would be good if they were more elaborate than 'not studying enough' hahaha

Last edited:

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
1. Runescape
2. English Standard
3. Not studying until the last 3 months
4. Not caring about internal ranks until the last 3 months (Did absolute shit in first 2 assessment tasks)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Don't remember exactly but I think it was 320+ (7680 hours) days over the course of 5 years. This makes me sad :(

swoozie

HSC
not dropping a subject due (multimedia(crap teacher))
not studying in the first term and not studying enough for half yearlies

P.S. if you start studying in the first term you will be prepared for the half yearlies, hence if you do well in half yearlies you will be super motivated to do well in the rest of the hsc.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Did not do 4u Maths
Maybe should have done another subject besides Agriculture
Flunking the 1st task for Chemistry (Rank 10X/11X) -- this set the tone for the rest of the year
Not putting enough effort into English Std
Not having established a study regime (I did things by priority)

I think it is important for upcoming year 12's to know that consistency is key for a successful HSC year

ncoul

HSC
Devise a plan of action for each subject, with consideration for all your content and tasks that you need to cover. This was a regret for my 1 unit subjects, I neglected them a bit throughout the year when I should have been investing add much effort in them as my 2 unit subjects.

Also, don't be afraid to relax with friends on a Saturday night, it can be therapeutic and put you in good stead for the rest of that week.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
my biggest regrets:

- Not putting enough time into english (ended up with rank 37/76)
- Dropping Chemistry instead of legal studies, at the start of year 11 i was pretty sure i wanted to do law, but prelim + HSC changed my mind
- Didn't study until it was close to too late. i managed to keep my head above water for pretty much the whole year and still managed rank 2 in MX1&MX2 and rank 1 in physics
- Not having enough fun because of studies, especially MX2
- spending too much time on BOS

i think regretting is not doing the stuff that you wanted to do rather than doing the stuff you did.

Last edited:

mr pappagiorgio

Premium Member
HSC
my biggest regrets:

- Not putting enough time into english (ended up with rank 37/76)
- Dropping Chemistry instead of legal studies, at the start of year 11 i was pretty sure i wanted to do law, but prelim + HSC changed my mind
- Didn't study until it was close to too late. i managed to keep my head above water for pretty much the whole year and still managed rank 2 in MX1&MX2 and rank 1 in physics
- Not having enough fun because of studies, especially MX2
- spending too much time on BOS

i think regretting is not doing the stuff that you wanted to do rather than doing the stuff you did.
Exactly. So i think that peoples regrets are valuable as they can give me guidance for the HSC. Things become very clear in hindsight.
Haha yes i have already spend so much time this year on BOS! Got to tone it down for next year.

Capo

HSC
Don't remember exactly but I think it was 320+ (7680 hours) days over the course of 5 years. This makes me sad :(
So that is an average of 4 hours per day? Jesus freaking Christ bro that is nuts.
How long did you play per week/day during the HSC year ?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
So that is an average of 4 hours per day? Jesus freaking Christ bro that is nuts.
How long did you play per week/day during the HSC year ?
Peak amount of hours I did was in year 10 and 11 when I got my school laptop. Then I broke my school laptop like half a year ago so my hours/day went down quite a bit. I'm happy I broke it ^^

Capo

HSC
Peak amount of hours I did was in year 10 and 11 when I got my school laptop. Then I broke my school laptop like half a year ago so my hours/day went down quite a bit. I'm happy I broke it ^^
Wow that is insane. Was in the same situation as you a few months ago though. (6-8 hours of gaming during weekends and 1-2 hours each school day on my school laptop) Bludged through half of year 11. Seriously regret it now :(

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Wow that is insane. Was in the same situation as you a few months ago though. (6-8 hours of gaming during weekends and 1-2 hours each school day on my school laptop) Bludged through half of year 11. Seriously regret it now :(
Don't worry you still got year 12 to make up for it. Just make sure you don't bludge this year too :p

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
i remember my runescape days, mining in edgeville, cutting yew logs near GE and hussling people at wildy, those were the times. Anyone wanna buy my runescape account.

leesh95

HSC
NO Consistency
Studying for everything at the last minute.
Too many absences
Procrastination

knxd

HSC
Did not do 4u Maths
Maybe should have done another subject besides Agriculture
Flunking the 1st task for Chemistry (Rank 10X/11X) -- this set the tone for the rest of the year
Not putting enough effort into English Std
Not having established a study regime (I did things by priority)

I think it is important for upcoming year 12's to know that consistency is key for a successful HSC year
this

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
i remember my runescape days, mining in edgeville, cutting yew logs near GE and hussling people at wildy, those were the times. Anyone wanna buy my runescape account.
runescape is too easy now. Back when i was like 10, it took me like 2 whole months of solid grinding to get to level 70 and another 4 to get to level 100. back when i had the god zamarouk armour, shieeeet those were the days.

perhapsmaybewhy

HSC
i regret not picking more humanities subjects because why not.
i regret dropping from advance to standard english .
biggest regret is thinking i could cruise through like every other year getting top marks. I only realised after half yearlies i would not be able to get the atar i wanted. Seriously i regret it so much right now and probably not going to get the atar i need because of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)