iOS7. Who is excited? (1 Viewer)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
hold on people.. we still dont know whether we'll be using the functionality of the fingerprint sensor, reminds me of the siri gimmick, turned that crap off after a couple of tries

I really have a feeling that i'll end up sliding/typing in passwords instead of using the fingerprint sensor

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
What about privacy?? Will apple sell this biometric data to other companies ?

ebbygoo

HSC
hold on people.. we still dont know whether we'll be using the functionality of the fingerprint sensor, reminds me of the siri gimmick, turned that crap off after a couple of tries

I really have a feeling that i'll end up sliding/typing in passwords instead of using the fingerprint sensor

They claim it works very well and from all angles on the button.

Randox

HSC
N/A
What about privacy?? Will apple sell this biometric data to other companies ?
They said that the data is not stored anywhere expect for an encrypted version on the phone. It doesn't go to the cloud or any third parties either. It's a good thing it doesn't go to the cloud considering everything going on with the NSA these days,..

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
They said that the data is not stored anywhere expect for an encrypted version on the phone. It doesn't go to the cloud or any third parties either. It's a good thing it doesn't go to the cloud considering everything going on with the NSA these days,..
Inb4 Dual EC DRBG

ocatal

HSC
iOS 7 is being released on Thursday, right? Because of Pacific time differences..

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
It says released Sept 18th. What timezone? When do we get it?

ocatal

HSC
It says released Sept 18th. What timezone? When do we get it?
Usually we get the update a day after the announced date because 'September 18th' in the USA is September 19th here. I may be wrong though..

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Usually we get the update a day after the announced date because 'September 18th' in the USA is September 19th here. I may be wrong though..
Yes but, the Australian articles I saw wouldn't put 18th if it was 19th...

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Maybe I just hope it's tomorrow so I can get my hands on it.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
*Gets excited because my app store displays a 1 on the top right indicating an update

*Thinks its the iOS 7 update

*Nek minnut, iBooks update =.=

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
*Gets excited because my app store displays a 1 on the top right indicating an update

Iirc, ios updates aren't done through the app store

ocatal

HSC

The '1' will appear on the settings app once its out.

Randox

HSC
N/A
Review from New York Times on finger print sensor:

The most heavily promoted feature is the 5S’s fingerprint sensor, which, ingeniously, is built into the Home button. You push the Home button to wake the phone, leave your finger there another half second, and boom: you’ve unlocked a phone that nobody else can unlock, without the hassle of inputting the password. (And yes, a password is a hassle; half of smartphone users never bother setting one up.)

The best part is that it actually works — every single time, in my tests. It’s nothing like the balky, infuriating fingerprint-reader efforts of earlier cellphones. It’s genuinely awesome; the haters can go jump off a pier.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
they also claimed siri was useful and worked well lol
And it does.
Review from New York Times on finger print sensor:

The most heavily promoted feature is the 5S’s fingerprint sensor, which, ingeniously, is built into the Home button. You push the Home button to wake the phone, leave your finger there another half second, and boom: you’ve unlocked a phone that nobody else can unlock, without the hassle of inputting the password. (And yes, a password is a hassle; half of smartphone users never bother setting one up.)

The best part is that it actually works — every single time, in my tests. It’s nothing like the balky, infuriating fingerprint-reader efforts of earlier cellphones. It’s genuinely awesome; the haters can go jump off a pier.
"haters"

I've been told it's top notch grade so Apple can sell it on to the military

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)