iOS7. Who is excited? (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
GG... Lots of users are reporting high battery drain .... Lucky I didn't update (y).

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
If any chefs out there, there is an app called Cook (It has an orange cover) it is a very good idea.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
GG... Lots of users are reporting high battery drain .... Lucky I didn't update (y).
This seems to happen with every new iOS release. But that being said I heard there's a LOT of optional stuff which can be disabled in iOS7 to reduce battery drain.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
I have noticed no noticeable battery drain in any iOS release since iOS 4
yeah dunno what these people are complaining about.. what I found with noob iphone users is that they charge until it says 100% and take it out straight away, then complain why battery is falling to fast.

if you want battery to longer you need to charge it overnight or prolonged periods of time (even though it says 100%

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Installed iOS 7 onto my iPad 3 3g 64gb and it had a stuff up at first requiring a restore through iTunes (yay for backups), but then the 2nd try it worked. Seems ok. Feels a bit laggy :S But maybe it's just me.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
yeah dunno what these people are complaining about.. what I found with noob iphone users is that they charge until it says 100% and take it out straight away, then complain why battery is falling to fast.

if you want battery to longer you need to charge it overnight or prolonged periods of time (even though it says 100%
Well to be pedantic charging a phone (lithium-ion) battery to 100% from flat is pretty bad.

Deliriously

HSC
Just installed iOS7 on my iPhone 4. I like the new design but everything feels very laggy and sluggish.

DLMisme

HSC
I have it installed now on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. A lot of people tell me how slow it runs on iPhone 4's, but I find it runs just fine. Maybe I have more free space on mine? I don't know. I didn't like iOS 7 to start with, but it's growing on me. The only thing I still really hate is the music app though.

s_lide

HSC
N/A
I much prefer the intuitive interface of my blackberry q10

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't like the Music app's movement of the Airplay button to the command centre- takes more effort to get to same place.

pHyRe

HSC
What does 64bit architecture do besides allow 4GB of RAM to be fully utilised? Won't impact end users until the iPhone 7S since there's only 1GB right now. You could do it now, do it in 2 years. No difference.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
What does 64bit architecture do besides allow 4GB of RAM to be fully utilised? Won't impact end users until the iPhone 7S since there's only 1GB right now. You could do it now, do it in 2 years. No difference.
There's more to 64 bit architecture than just being able to address more than 4gb of ram. I'm no an expert but obviously with each cycle it can process more and not have to rely on multiple cycles to do something which could've been done in one. Google led me to: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/18/iphone-5s-apple-a7-chip-64-bit-explained and http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2013/09/19/apple-the-64-bit-question/

But even if it's not immediately useful now, the sheer scale of Apple iPhones everywhere (and the commonality with the Mac OS X 64-bit) means it'll accelerate the development of applications which can make use of it.

On another note I ordered a 5S today.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha read in smh today that no one is buying 5c, this is what happens when you make the "cheap" phone $700

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha read in smh today that no one is buying 5c, this is what happens when you make the "cheap" phone $700
Have to admit that on outright price it's minimal difference but on plans, there are some significant jumps. On our Optus corporate rates it goes from $60/mth for a 5C to $79/mth for a 5S (both 16b) :S ... so I ended up going with Telstra.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Well to be pedantic charging a phone (lithium-ion) battery to 100% from flat is pretty bad.
wait, wot??

but also the 5c is just the iphone 5 but in colour
that's what the c stands for

Installed iOS 7 onto my iPad 3 3g 64gb and it had a stuff up at first requiring a restore through iTunes (yay for backups), but then the 2nd try it worked. Seems ok. Feels a bit laggy :S But maybe it's just me.
yeah, mine feels a bit laggy too, might upgrade my phone soon doe, ios6 is shit on 4s causes sound issues
the only reason i have ios6 on it is because it's secondhand and they were stupid and upgraded it

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
wait, wot??
I have no idea what OMGITzJustin was talking about, but letting lithium ion batteries get too low and a bunch of other stuff is no good for them. It's pretty much theoretical though, no one plans on keeping a phone long enough these days for it to really be a problem.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
I have no idea what OMGITzJustin was talking about, but letting lithium ion batteries get too low and a bunch of other stuff is no good for them. It's pretty much theoretical though, no one plans on keeping a phone long enough these days for it to really be a problem.
.......?? I never brought up that point about letting the battery go too low, you did brent lewls

Ill simplify my point:
1. People complaining ios7 drains battery, then I agreed with lolsmith
2.I'm saying its probably new iphone users
3.This is because I found that new users just charge up until 100% then take it out straight away
4.doing that is not really charging the iphone fully (even though it says 100%), you gotta charge it longer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)