General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (2 Viewers)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey what do u guys think of a story like this?
siberian grown son of high profile KGB agent, gets news of his fathers death, picks up grocery's upon mothers request, drops them at home, admires picture of gf to be wife, then goes to dad's funeral, mum tells him to join KGB in father's place, he has alternative agenda, wants to escape moscow immediately. He says I c u at home mum, goes towards mercedes benz and meets his mint-flavoured-cigarette-smoking-bestfriend, who asks if he still wants to carry out his plan, he says yes, friend asks about main characters gf and if she knows, he says no and gets angry friend is asking so many questions, pushes friend away and drives off to airport. At airport is chillaxing in first class lounge, sees hot girl at cafe. Approaches her from behind, curious if it is who he thinks it is, a silver glint from her coat indicates a gun, main character shit scared who this gun wielding babe is, she turns around, his heart stops. ITS THE GF!

lol thats my story summed up.
20/15

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
siberian grown son of high profile KGB agent, gets news of his fathers death, picks up grocery's upon mothers request, drops them at home, admires picture of gf to be wife, then goes to dad's funeral, mum tells him to join KGB in father's place, he has alternative agenda, wants to escape moscow immediately. He says I c u at home mum, goes towards mercedes benz and meets his mint-flavoured-cigarette-smoking-bestfriend, who asks if he still wants to carry out his plan, he says yes, friend asks about main characters gf and if she knows, he says no and gets angry friend is asking so many questions, pushes friend away and drives off to airport. At airport is chillaxing in first class lounge, sees hot girl at cafe. Approaches her from behind, curious if it is who he thinks it is, a silver glint from her coat indicates a gun, main character shit scared who this gun wielding babe is, she turns around, his heart stops. ITS THE GF!

tl;dr

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A

I especially liked the bit where you summed it up

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
my creative story:

youra essay is shite, my teacher sayed. i go on boarding of study and sea every1 saying fuck u omed. i cry with streetboy. i donot belonging.

hayabusaboston

HSC
GAWD can sum1 pls giv sum construktiv critcsm?

I chose the image of the girl and grocery bags, and how well does this kind of story fit in with question? was it something about rejection of a place to belong? cant remember. I tried my best to incorporate as much as I could, of conflicting notions of belonging.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
My creative is about a young boy from a rural town who falls in love with a double bass and plays at the Opera House.

Makematics

HSC
Nek minnet BoSers quoted by SMH.
Overall went alright, didn't write much again (slow writer) but improved heaps from trials imo.
Did anyone else notice they didn't mention the word belonging in S1?

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A

I chose the image of the girl and grocery bags, and how well does this kind of story fit in with question? was it something about rejection of a place to belong? cant remember. I tried my best to incorporate as much as I could, of conflicting notions of belonging.

But...belonging is done. Forever.

YouKnowWho

HSC
No offense, but how do you run out of time in this exam. There are clocks or people you can ask the time from. There are three sections. 40 minutes each. You've already done a trial. How does one simply leave a creative out or leave all the short answers?!
Did you not listen to your teachers?

Short answer > Essay > Creative. You can fudge the end of a creative, but not lose those crucial marks in shortans + essay.

Oh well, too late
I didn't even look at the time once <> Oh well, it is indeed too late.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
all of you guys viewing this thread will keep worrying until modules

do shit in modules

come here and complain

do shit in the rest of the HSC

come here and complain

get a shit ATAR

come here and complain

get rejected by tafe

come here and complain

centerlink payment isn't enough

come here and complain

ForOneEon

In a tree, in a well. Who knows where I possibly d
HSC

Please. Stop. With. Mixing. Numbers. With. Words.
If you can, also try to avoid slicing off vowels here and there. It's painful to read, even if it's an online forum. Contractions are fine in moderation, but try to limit their use.

As for your choice of stimulus, I didn't do the exam, so I can only give an overview.
- If you mixed in clean, concise ideas of belonging and concepts related to it, you should be able to do well.
- If you made references to the stimulus, you're gold.
- If you made a COHESIVE story which flows as the marker skims over it, you should be diamond or stardust, whichever is fancier.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
all of you guys viewing this thread will keep worrying until modules

do shit in modules

come here and complain

do shit in the rest of the HSC

come here and complain

get a shit ATAR

come here and complain

get rejected by tafe

come here and complain

centerlink payment isn't enough

come here and complain
That's pretty much what the internet was made for. Living the dream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)