General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (2 Viewers)

Web Addict

HSC
Wtf was with Section 1? The questions didn't seem hard, I still struggled badly.

Last edited:

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
yeah, thats what I thought.. someone said a few pages back that it didn't matter if you didn't do creative writing cause they only count your best two sections :/
Someone also said they were trolling

They do count, Menomaths approved

mads21

HSC
Short Answer, every single question was so different!!
Creative- kind of had to change my story but actually was happy with it
Essay - So glad only one related! I disagreed with the attitudes thing and only did choice :/ it was ok

YouKnowWho

HSC
Am i the only one who ran out of time hardcore. I started with section 3 and then section 2. When I got to section 1 I only had time to answer the first 2 questions. Sooo I definitely lost 11 marks :cry:

ClassOf2013

HSC
Those stimulus questions were a bitch...but other than that I don't think I did too badly. I did incorporate the quote into my short story though, and it had a literal meaning, so I think that might lose me some marks. But my teacher, who marked my story a couple weeks back, said my story would be a 12/15, 13/15 or 14/15 so i'm not too worried.

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
Am i the only one who ran out of time hardcore. I started with section 3 and then section 2. When I got to section 1 I only had time to answer the first 2 questions. Sooo I definitely lost 11 marks :cry:
Time management is so crucial, it is a lot easier to get the first 5 marks in any section than trying to get from a 12-15 is another section.

nifkeh

HSC
they collect papers so slowly sigh I was literaly waiting 25 mins just to get out after the exam ended

Web Addict

HSC
Just wondering, did anyone actually complete a whole past paper for English?

they collect papers so slowly sigh I was literaly waiting 25 mins just to get out after the exam ended
Yeah, that was so annoying, especially since the supervisors were really old and slow.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Just wondering, did anyone actually complete a whole past paper for English?

Yeah, that was so annoying, especially since the supervisors were really old and slow.
Never touched one

beth1312

HSC
I did section one first and spent way too long on it. Then I went to section three and once again spent too much time on it and was left with a solid 10/15 minutes for creative writing... Time management is definitely not my strong point :/

muffintoast

HSC
Uni Grad
I did the EXACT same thing. I started with section 3, moved on to section 2 then found out I only have 15 minutes left. I only did the first 2 questions and I bit of the 3rd one so that's around 11 marks gone for me too :(

Web Addict

HSC
I reckon that if you only did at least one past paper, you would actually be a state ranker.

YouKnowWho

HSC
I did the EXACT same thing. I started with section 3, moved on to section 2 then found out I only have 15 minutes left. I only did the first 2 questions and I bit of the 3rd one so that's around 11 marks gone for me too :(
Really ? I also started on the third question but I didn't really count it as doing it because, well it just wasn't complete. Hopefully we scraped at least one more mark from that lol

Frie

Wannabe Inventor
HSC
Spent 50 minutes on this section. This kinda ruined my pace, so I had to erase one of my core for the third section :(

The second poem really caught me off-guard,it was pretty short so I struggled to find techniques under pressure. FML

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)