General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (2 Viewers)

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Share your overall thoughts of Paper 2 here.

What aspects of the paper did you like and dislike? Did you consider it a fair test of your abilities?
Mod A (Texts in Time) wasn't a bad question, it was just unexpected. 'How does the comparative analysis of passion in text 1 and text 2 enhance the responders appreciation of the texts.' I spent 45 minutes on this section.

Mod B (Hamlet) wasn't a 'fucked up' question but it was difficult. I explored time and place as both a contextual basis for corruption in the Danish court during the Elizabethan era, and as a dramatic tool to satirise humanity's inherent capacity for corruption

Mod C (History & Memory) was generic. Just a quote about "All representations are manipulated" or something with only ONE related text.

All I can say is, thank goodness I did not memorise.

Raolan

HSC
I loved the Frankenstein & Bladerunner question, I hated the Yeats question (srsly, time and place shaping understanding of search for truth? wtf?) and I loved the Julius Caesar question.

SuperMike96

HSC
Hamlet is the dane of my existence (pun intended)

Hamlet was the most specific question... I managed to finish it somehow

Mod A (Donne and Wit for me) was almost as bad. I don't know who in the board of studies thought it would be a good idea to make the question about "passion". I think I did reasonably well in it regardless.

Mod C (History and Memory) was the easier in my opinion.

pHyRe

HSC
lol, loved the hamlet essay. everone else got fked and i ripped it, probs screwed everything else up though. got so tired by the end.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Thanks! Of what I could remember of my prepared response, it went amazingly well.

No joke. My thesis was all about a pesimistic Orwellian / 'R+G are dead' kind of interpretation of the text; and corruption just makes pessimism so much worse - bingo. #bestenglishexamthisyear
Ability to transcend contextual boundaries of time, and uphold themes and issues relative to contemporary society.

honeycomb

HSC
I think I should stop reading what other people wrote. Making me feel real shit lol. Everyone on here is so smart

NFmusic1995

HSC
I personally would just like to say a massive GG to all those who went in with memorized responses for Hamlet.

LOL
LOL, I had one generic essay on Hamlet, and the question was on " ‘Interpretations of texts can shift and change with time and place’. Considering your time and place, reflect on the ways in which context has shaped your critical interpretation of Hamlet. "

It was 80% similar... as per the other questions, so GG

rednellav

HSC
Everyone saying the mod B: Harwood question was somewhat challenging makes me feel like I messed up (which probably happened, but I don't wanna feel that way anyway).

I linked the past times and places through which define our human experience to the forging of memories that enable us to transcend the burden of death (then linked that to valuing relationships in a way I forget). Hopefully that idea doesn't deviate too far from what they're looking for or whatever. Ohlawdy.

BlugyBlug

HSC
I think I should stop reading what other people wrote. Making me feel real shit lol. Everyone on here is so smart
That's just the vibe that's given off.

ATAR is barely relevant to your life. It makes your first year of uni slightly less stressful because you won't have to transfer but that's it.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Ability to transcend contextual boundaries of time, and uphold themes and issues relative to contemporary society.
For Hamlet? While the demands of the rubric concern what you have stated, the question asked for an exploration of how time and place shapes corruption within the play, not how it directly makes the text transcend time.

Last edited:

isdawg

HSC
for RIII did anyone interpret authority = power?
and cloudstreet WTF m8
I did! I'm much better at talking about power than authority and I figured they were pretty closely related so I just talked about the portrayal of his power and the way that it linked to authority. I think they're pretty close!

NFmusic1995

HSC
Does anyone have the questions, i was so happy i guessed all 3 questions more or less that i left the paper in the exam hall room, 3 BOOKLETS for each question, directly answering question, prepred b6 essay fitted in well, SO HAPPY

rednellav

HSC
Does anyone have the questions, i was so happy i guessed all 3 questions more or less that i left the paper in the exam hall room, 3 BOOKLETS for each question, directly answering question, prepred b6 essay fitted in well, SO HAPPY
What questions do you want (what texts from each module?)

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
For Hamlet? While the demands of the rubric concern what you have stated, the question asked for an exploration of how time and places shapes corruption within the play, not how it directly makes the text transcend time.
Audiences understanding.

focused on time, place and audiences understanding of corruption.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)