General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

chookyla

HSC
I found Module A great, it fitted so well with a few of my previously revised essays. Module B threw me off guard, had really no idea what i was doing till half way through. Module C was a dream come true, allowed me to link my related text with Julius Caesar incredibly well.

LifeItsSelf

HSC
Mod A - Frank and Blade....LOVED IT!!! So happy with it :D
Mod B - Orwells Essays....WTF! The markers will most likely be laughing at my response...terrible! Didn't even have a conclusion! GOD DAMN ORWELL!!!!
Mod C - Ted Hughes' Birthday Letters...Woohoo loves it, loves it, loved it to death!

NFmusic1995

HSC
What questions do you want (what texts from each module?)
Mod A for frankenstein/blade
Mod B hamlet,
Mod C robertsons

i pretty much guessde 90% of the questions, and i knew eysterday would be on choice, luck is just on my side, i even had a prepared b6 essay on Hamlet for place and time (it was a 2004 HSC question)

DancingAnz

HSC
The Orwell question ATE ME ALIVE. Mod C and A were sweet. If I was good at english I would have written a good essay!

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
probs
18-19/20 for frankenstien runner
17-18/20 for hamlet
16-18/20 for 50 gates

NFmusic1995

HSC
I seriously think i got
18/20 for Mod A
18 or 19/20 for Mod B
and like another 18/20 for Mod C

and i was just hoping for a Band 5 for enlgish LOL

enak101

HSC
Mod A (Richard III/Looking For Richard) Did almost 2 booklets, happy with that, talking about authority didn't seem too hard.
Mod B (Jane Eyre). Eh one full booklet not that great couldn't even remember my 3rd theme total mind blank.
Mod C (Smithsonian) At first glance question confused me but yeah as others said it was open and good question but still I only did 1 booklet.

Anyone know how bad only 3 pages is?

RamizG

HSC
I personally would just like to say a massive GG to all those who went in with memorized responses for Hamlet.

LOL
I went it with memorised essays and they were perfect, easily adapted to the question!

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
of corruption
time, place and audiences understanding of corruption. These understandings are bound to have changed over time time.
Thus, its ability to transcend contextual boundaries of time, and uphold themes and issues relative to contemporary society maintains it relevance and enhances the understanding of audiences of corruption

something like that anyway lol

rednellav

HSC
Mod A for frankenstein/blade
Mod B hamlet,
Mod C robertsons

i pretty much guessde 90% of the questions, and i knew eysterday would be on choice, luck is just on my side, i even had a prepared b6 essay on Hamlet for place and time (it was a 2004 HSC question)
Module A: In what ways is your appreciation of both texts enhanced by a comparative study of ambition in Frankenstein and Blade Runner?

Module B: Explore how time and place are used in Shakespeare's Hamlet to shape the audiences understanding of corruption

Module C: "All representations are acts of manipulation" - To what extent does your study of conflicting perspectives support this statement?

tscience

HSC
N/A
I was happy with the module C (his/mem) and module A (frank/blade) :smile: , but unsure about Hamlet, I did not like the question at all :speechless:

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
Questions for my modules:

Module A: "In what ways is your appreciation of both texts enhanced by a comparative study of identity in Pride and Prejudice and Letters to Alice.

Module B: Explore how time and place are used in Shakespeare's Hamlet to shape the audience's understanding of corruption.

Module C: "All representations are acts of manipulation" To what extent does your study of history and memory support this statement. Refer to ONE related text etc.

Overall a good paper for me. Mod A threw me off completely at first because my essay had barely anything to do with identity. However, in reading time managed to organise my thoughts and adapted :) Hamlet was okay for me, adapted my essay and 2 paragraphs already worked well. Talked about time/place in terms of the significance of divinity etc. Module C.... almost cried of happiness. Perfect question :)

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I went it with memorised essays and they were perfect, easily adapted to the question!
Some people might have had response that didn't include the points asked in the question, some might have gotten lucky

NoIdea77

HSC
Didn't address the question nearly enough, could tell my responses were prepared unless you're retarded.

Module A didn't have enough on authority so I just included my other shit about context cause well might aswell.
Module B was fine.
Module C was half half I found the question fit Snow okay but not my related.

Threw away my B6, hoping for 88+ still overall.

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
time, place and audiences understanding of corruption. These understandings are bound to have changed over time time.
Thus, its ability to transcend contextual boundaries of time, and uphold themes and issues relative to contemporary society maintains it relevance and enhances the understanding of audiences of corruption

something like that anyway lol
Wow, I did Hamlet so differently :p Haha shows how you can interpret things in different ways. I went more with time and place within the actual play :)

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Wow, I did Hamlet so differently :p Haha shows how you can interpret things in different ways. I went more with time and place within the actual play :)

I included that too, that was just my overall argument/thesis lol. Had to keep in mind that the marker might not have liked the way I initially interpreted it

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I wholeheartedly thought that was what the question asked though lol

JFX

HSC
I found it quite challenging but after you decoded it, it wasn't too bad:

Module A: Found it easy but I'm worried, i didn't talk about my appreciation, but the audience's appreciation, which technically includes me also. Is that still ok?
Module B: It was hard to decode, time and place kinda threw me off but it was ok
Module C: Easy :D

Happy with B5 but B6 would be nice

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)