General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

yus456

HSC
N/A
those people saying it was fkin easy either go to James Ruse, Baulkham Hills (or some selective school that is in the top 20) or are either trolling and trying to make us feel bad... tbh i got 94 for the CSSA trial and the trial was a lot easier than the 2 unit exam we just did !!
if a lot of people found it hard/harder (i did... compared to every other paper i had looked at, and btw i do 3 unit :/ ) then they will scale it higher :)
I am sort of depressed because I did extremely bad :'(

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Fucking troll paper. Half way through Kim and Alex's question I realised it was a fucking series question and not annuities or loans. Wasted so much time.
Lucky if 50 Raw LOL. B3 here I come.

Frie

Wannabe Inventor
HSC
how did you do i) of that question?
Use the Cos rule, but replace RB with (100-50t) (cause it travels at 50km/h from a spot 100km away) and RA with 80t.

So its like.. r^2 = (100-50t)^2 + (80t)^2 - 2(100-50t)(80t)Cos 60

And then it ends up to what it's meant to be.

dunjaaa

HSC
What I did was since the line y=mx+1 cuts y-axis at 1, therefore for it to have one solution, the gradient had to be equal or steeper then the right arm of the curve y=|2x-3|, which had gradient 2. The gradient cannot be negative because it will cut twice.

lolwot

HSC
Use the Cos rule, but replace RB with (100-50t) (cause it travels at 50km/h from a spot 100km away) and RA with 80t.

So its like.. r^2 = (100-50t)^2 + (80t)^2 - 2(100-50t)(80t)Cos 60

And then it ends up to what it's meant to be.

Yes! I got the sides write and wrote the cosine bit, but didn't fully solve it so hopefully I'll get some marks,

planino

HSC
What I hated most about that (freaking horrible) paper was how so much working out was needed to earn 2 marks, in more questions that one!

ocatal

HSC
My teacher's advice was even if you have no idea how to do a question still write down processes/formulas that you think may be associated with the solutions because they've changed the marking a little. Apparently, if you tackle a 3 marker and are somewhat on the right track, they'll pay you a mark. Would you say this is true?
Yes I heard this was true.

Shazer2

HSC
For the Kim and Alex question, where Alex reduced the amount by 1/3 each time what did you get?
7 years. I just wrote it out, each year adding $1500 and getting 1/3 of that. Not sure if I'll get all 3 marks.

blinx96

HSC
does anyone know what the raw cut off mark was to get an exam mark of 90 for last years paper?

bedpotato

HSC
those people saying it was fkin easy either go to James Ruse, Baulkham Hills (or some selective school that is in the top 20) or are either trolling and trying to make us feel bad... tbh i got 94 for the CSSA trial and the trial was a lot easier than the 2 unit exam we just did !!
if a lot of people found it hard/harder (i did... compared to every other paper i had looked at, and btw i do 3 unit :/ ) then they will scale it higher :)
haha don't even compare CSSA trials to this paper.

Lina3

HSC
Wow I was seriously expecting to come on here and see everyone saying stuff like "Yeah that was easy, I was finished in like an hour, will be surprised if I get under 95 raw" but it calms me a little to see most of us struggled with it. Since this board is mainly frequented by the highest caliber of students, I'd say judging from the opinions on here it will 2U will scale well.

Math--

HSC
I go to a public school and found the majority of this test easy. The only question that was hard was the trout question. 95/100 Raw Come to me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)