• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for option topics/core (extended response) (4 Viewers)

bangladesh

HSC
Yes because it's easier for me. The ATAR is 90.5 or something lol.
Med sci courses usually don't require a very high atar. USYD requires 92 and UNSW is 96 but they have hsc plus so it's more like 91 lol.

This site is really good, You'll find HEAAAAPS of info about med courses and their admission program specially undergrad courses.
http://www.medstudentsonline.com.au/

bangladesh

HSC
When did I say it guarantees acceptance into Medicine? I said I can get into Med if I want with 80 ATAR as this allows me to do HSFY which is the initial step towards Medicine. And no shit not all applicants get accepted, obviously you have to do well in it and I've got that in mind.
No. Don't say 'I'll get into med if i want.'. Say that I'll get accepted in HSFY and then can try to transfer into med. The 'if i want' makes it sound like you can get into medicine as soon as you wish when HSFY isn't even medicine to begin with.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Med sci courses usually don't require a very high atar. USYD requires 92 and UNSW is 96 but they have hsc plus so it's more like 91 lol.

This site is really good, You'll find HEAAAAPS of info about med courses and their admission program specially undergrad courses.
http://www.medstudentsonline.com.au/
Yeah yeah, I have an account lol :)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
No. Don't say 'I'll get into med if i want.'. Say that I'll get accepted in HSFY and then can try to transfer into med. The 'if i want' makes it sound like you can get into medicine as soon as you wish when HSFY isn't even medicine to begin with.
Don't get your panties in a knot. If you want to do medicine the first step is to get 80 ATAR, doing good or bad in HSFY is a different question. If I want to do Med, I can get in with an 80 ATAR. Do you notice the 'can' in there? That implies there's a possibility. Clearly your ESL teacher hasn't put enough effort in, or you're just too thick.

bangladesh

HSC
Don't get your panties in a knot. If you want to do medicine the first step is to get 80 ATAR, doing good or bad in HSFY is a different question. If I want to do Med, I can get in with an 80 ATAR. Do you notice the 'can' in there? That implies there's a possibility. Clearly your ESL teacher hasn't put enough effort in, or you're just too thick.
You arrogant fucker. 'If I want I can get into Med with 80 ATAR' First of all, look at your grammar. Don't talk shit about me doing esl when you can't even express yourself using proper grammar.
Apart from that, You used IF I WANT before you used 'I can' suggesting that you could be accepted into med as soon as you decide to do so.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
You arrogant fucker. 'If I want I can get into Med with 80 ATAR' First of all, look at your grammar. Don't talk shit about me doing esl when you can't even express yourself using proper grammar.
Apart from that, You used IF I WANT before you used 'I can' suggesting that you could be accepted into med as soon as you decide to do so.
'If I want I can get into Med with 80 ATAR' is grammatically correct, good job reinforcing your incompetency in English. The fact I said 'if I want' means (dumbing it down here for you) if I wanted to do Medicine, which I don't, I can (just bolded and underlined that so it sinks through even though I know it'll be hard) get in with 80 ATAR. Now, lets analyze this since you obviously lack the ability to do so. Lets say I wanted to do Med, yeah? What do I do for that? I get an 80 ATAR, right?(I've heard rhetorical questions help sink in difficult concepts for those who have disabilities) With this 80 ATAR I can (underlined + bolded for same reasons as above) get into Med, or I can't. Notice how I can actually get in with the 80 ATAR? Well that goes to show that my earlier statement is valid.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
'If I want I can get into Med with 80 ATAR' is grammatically correct, good job reinforcing your incompetency in English. The fact I said 'if I want' means (dumbing it down here for you) if I wanted to do Medicine, which I don't, I can (just bolded and underlined that so it sinks through even though I know it'll be hard) get in with 80 ATAR. Now, lets analyze this since you obviously lack the ability to do so. Lets say I wanted to do Med, yeah? What do I do for that? I get an 80 ATAR, right?(I've heard rhetorical questions help sink in difficult concepts for those who have disabilities) With this 80 ATAR I can (underlined + bolded for same reasons as above) get into Med, or I can't. Notice how I can actually get in with the 80 ATAR? Well that goes to show that my earlier statement is valid.
Calm down gaiz. Relax yo sacks.
No need to get worked up over something so trivial.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Let's play would you rather.

Would you rather Haber or Le Chatelier?

LOL
Both are easy. I'm going to go study now since Amirgotbanged is offline now.

Web Addict

HSC
Hopefully, the Board of Studies don't ask much about water quality and all that crap. It's so boring to study for.

For Shipwrecks, I hope that they just ask about the corrosion of shipwrecks at great depth and not some bullshit question about metals used in shipbuilding like last year's exam.

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Hopefully, the Board of Studies don't ask much about water quality and all that crap. It's so boring to study for.

For Shipwrecks, I hope that they just ask about the corrosion of shipwrecks at great depth and not some bullshit question like last year's.
Lol they ALWAYS ask that though. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's something real fucked up.
And is it me, or do you guys need a lot of time to finish a Chemistry paper?

Frie

Wannabe Inventor
HSC
I feel that if Le Chatelier's comes up in the core section of the exam, it'll give an advantage for students who do Industrial chem since they learn it again in the option, and go more in depth.

Does any other option give this kind of advantage?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I feel that if Le Chatelier's comes up in the core section of the exam, it'll give an advantage for students who do Industrial chem since they learn it again in the option, and go more in depth.

Does any other option give this kind of advantage?
No, but each option does give an advantage in a different area of the core topic.

For Shipwrecks, lots of depth into electrolysis and electrolytic cells.

Web Addict

HSC
Lol they ALWAYS ask that though. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's something real fucked up.
And is it me, or do you guys need a lot of time to finish a Chemistry paper?
Normally, I finish with half an hour left.

bangladesh

HSC
Both are easy. I'm going to go study now since Amirgotbanged is offline now.
yeah fuck you dude. You will never get accepted into medicine with that attitude.
Have a good night you arrogant prick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)