Only a few days left! (1 Viewer)

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
Good luck guys, not much activity on this board, but i guess its a small course.
Are you guys memorising essays and short stories, or summarising them?
My essay is a daunting 1700 words and my creatives 1400, r.i.p hand.

Candidate

HSC
Good luck guys, not much activity on this board, but i guess its a small course.
Oh God. I've finished the creative, but I still have to make my essay. I've been putting it off for days because it is so damn boring. I have an old essay I wrote a while ago, but it's pretty crappy.

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
I feel you man, I've done both but practising my essay just makes me go to sleep, especially with physics and chemistry so close to ee1. Anyway, hope I can scrap in a 42-44 aligned mark :D

RainbowFishxx

HSC
Hi I just have some notes for the essay..and some previous essays I've written as a guide. I hope it goes okay :S Although I have a prepared Creative, I've noticed that the creative stimulus is usually very specific....

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
1700?!?! Wow... haha :p My essay is around 1500 and creative 1300-1400ish. I memorised my essay/creative quite a while ago just because I knew I had business the day before and would only have the night to study. Let's hope the stimulus isn't too specific!! :)

glacer

HSC
^ last year the creative specified 'where a letter features as an important element.' Some people interpreted that as writing their creative in the form of a letter, but imo it'd be better to incorporate a letter as a physical element rather than it dictating the textual form.
so they could ask for it, but unlikely

bui123

HSC
I really have no motivation for ext... I have chemistry the day after and then religion the day after chemistry. Talk about major CBF syndrome haha

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
I really have no motivation for ext... I have chemistry the day after and then religion the day after chemistry. Talk about major CBF syndrome haha
mate, ee1 chem phys crew here, but i guess im finished with hsc after phys anyway. Im memorising my essay, and i have an idea of a creative, i am so fucked for chemistry though, looking to grab a mid band 5 and be happy with that.

bui123

HSC
mate, ee1 chem phys crew here, but i guess im finished with hsc after phys anyway. Im memorising my essay, and i have an idea of a creative, i am so fucked for chemistry though, looking to grab a mid band 5 and be happy with that.
Oh my lord good luck :( you'll do fine in ext after all the posts I remember reading from you.

Lol chemistry can go suck a fat one... So over it. I'd be lucky to even get a band 4 really.

RafH

HSC
Uni Grad
My essay is about 2200 words and my creative is 1750 - idk what im gonna do =(

Last edited:

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
I highly suggest you cut out about 700 words, unless you can write 35 WPM, consistently. I think the easiest thing to do is find your weakest techniques, or where you are needlessly talking about context. I feel that talking TOO much about context can put so many words into your essay. I can give it a look if you want, i'm curious what you are talking about in those 2200 words :)

RafH

HSC
Uni Grad
I highly suggest you cut out about 700 words, unless you can write 35 WPM, consistently. I think the easiest thing to do is find your weakest techniques, or where you are needlessly talking about context. I feel that talking TOO much about context can put so many words into your essay. I can give it a look if you want, i'm curious what you are talking about in those 2200 words :)
Awesome!! Can i PM you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)