General Thoughts: Physics (1 Viewer)

Randox

HSC
N/A
What was the reason for the person feeling gravity in the circle thingy lol

Randox

HSC
N/A
Also why did the mass of the planet not affect it's orbital speed around the star

Inverse

HSC
What did you guys talk about for the braking one? I blanked out so I just bsed about eddy currents and EM braking lol yolo

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Also why did the mass of the planet not affect it's orbital speed around the star
because the planet (normally this is the satellite) was rotating around the star (central body), and orbital speed = root( Mass central body / radius between the too objects) so it's independent

Mitsunami

HSC
Think I did alright. Option topics was straightforward for me, but what caught me off guard is the solar cell. Hopefully didn't lose all 5 marks..did a bad diagram.

Randox

HSC
N/A
because the planet (normally this is the satellite) was rotating around the star (central body), and orbital speed = root( Mass central body / radius between the too objects) so it's independent
So you just use the orbital velocity formula and say the mass of the planet is independent. That's what I did :)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
So you just use the orbital velocity formula and say the mass of the planet is independent. That's what I did :)
Yeah, the orbital velocity formula isn't on the formula sheet so you must derive it I think

Randox

HSC
N/A
I talked about centripetal force.
Hmm I said centripetal acceleration... I originally said force but then crossed out. Thus is because I used centripetal acceleration in he second past of that qn. Do you think centripetal acceleration is ok?

darkness70

HSC
Hmm I said centripetal acceleration... I originally said force but then crossed out. Thus is because I used centripetal acceleration in he second past of that qn. Do you think centripetal acceleration is ok?
Yeah i think so, acceleration has a direction, which determines the direction of the force.. Force would have been better but I guess it's sort of the same idea.

yasminee96

HSC
The syllabus was amended for 2010 and the photocell dotpoint was changed:
"identify data sources, gather, process and present information to summarise the use of the photoelectric effect in photocells"
Thats why many schools and sources dont really learn about the phototube.
SO i think either answer would be right
Yeah but there's another dotpoint that asks about solar cells in the 3rd section, where semiconductors are spoken about. So they're clearly separate :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)