Should I do Maths Ext. 2? (2 Viewers)

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
I've done pretty well in Ext.1, my overall course rank being 45/50 (95/100 for Adv. Maths) but I know that Ext.2 is of a completely different calibre.

Also, by picking it up I'd have 14 units, so I definitely have to drop something. Problem is my marks and ranks are pretty even for all my subjects so I probably won't drop anything till half-yearly's in term 1.

So any suggestions on whether I should pick it up, what the course is like or even what I should consider dropping would be appreciated. :)

I'm doing:
Physics (91/100)- 1st
Biology (75/100- 3rd
SOR II (92/100)- 2nd
Legal Studies (88/100)- 3rd
Eng Adv. (88/100)- 3rd
Maths (95/100)-2nd
Ext.1 Maths (45/50)-1st

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Definitely drop something. Are the relative gaps for bio big? If so, you may want to consider dropping it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
yes drop legal and religion, and do ext 2 maths. be a man (or woman), whatever

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
I've done pretty well in Ext.1, my overall course rank being 45/50 (95/100 for Adv. Maths) but I know that Ext.2 is of a completely different calibre.

Also, by picking it up I'd have 14 units, so I definitely have to drop something. Problem is my marks and ranks are pretty even for all my subjects so I probably won't drop anything till half-yearly's in term 1.

So any suggestions on whether I should pick it up, what the course is like or even what I should consider dropping would be appreciated. :)

I'm doing:
Physics (91/100)- 1st
Biology (75/100- 3rd
SOR II (92/100)- 2nd
Eng Adv. (88/100)- 3rd
Maths (95/100)-2nd
Ext.1 Maths (45/50)-1st
It's better to do it than to end up regretting NOT doing it.
If you want to drop, drop biology (seems to be the lowest mark). Either that or the subject you like the least- great ranks :).

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Definitely drop something. Are the relative gaps for bio big? If so, you may want to consider dropping it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm tossing up between Bio and Legal, but you've got me thinking. The highest is somewhere in the 90's so I'm not really doing that great. Thanks for bringing that up :)

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
It's better to do it than to end up regretting NOT doing it.
If you want to drop, drop biology (seems to be the lowest mark). Either that or the subject you like the least- great ranks :).
Fair point, I just worry that it may be too much work to take on, this year will be a balancing act. But thanks for the suggestion, Bio does seem the worst. Thankyou

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC

I'm doing:
Physics (91/100)- 1st
Biology (75/100- 3rd
SOR II (92/100)- 2nd
Eng Adv. (88/100)- 3rd
Maths (95/100)-2nd
Ext.1 Maths (45/50)-1st
I think that the difficulty of Ext. 2 is overrated for anyone that is competent with Ext. 1, because the topics tie in with each other a lot eg. parametrics and conics, mechanics and projectiles/SHM. The only one that doesn't really tie in with anything is complex, which isn't too hard anyway. You're obviously very talented with maths, so you shouldn't have a problem with the course. With regards to dropping a subject, drop the one you find most brain numbing to study for, because Ext. 2 will take up a lot of your time, so you will have to be motivated to study for all your subjects. Worry more about your motivation to study for a subject than your rank.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I think that the difficulty of Ext. 2 is overrated for anyone that is competent with Ext. 1, because the topics tie in with each other a lot eg. parametrics and conics, mechanics and projectiles/SHM. The only one that doesn't really tie in with anything is complex, which isn't too hard anyway. You're obviously very talented with maths, so you shouldn't have a problem with the course. With regards to dropping a subject, drop the one you find most brain numbing to study for, because Ext. 2 will take up a lot of your time, so you will have to be motivated to study for all your subjects. Worry more about your motivation to study for a subject than your rank.
+1.

This is very good advice. I hated Graphics and liked Economics. I ended up dropping Graphics. In the end I actually started hating Eco, but did not regret my decision.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
only hks do MX2
This is so true. The first question you should be asking yourself is definitely "am I hard enough to do MX2? am I that much of a sick cunt?"

Of course if you were truly hk enough, these questions would be rhetorical.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
This is so true. The first question you should be asking yourself is definitely "am I hard enough to do MX2? am I that much of a sick cunt?"

Of course if you were truly hk enough, these questions would be rhetorical.
lmao i mean if a dumb bitch (when it comes to maths) like me is doing MX2, then i'm sure everyone can ^_^

look OP isn't it a bit late to pick up MX2? lol

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Reasons to do MX2
1. Makes MX1 as easy as flipping a pancake.
2. MX1 will now be worth 2 units, so double the amount of goodness.
3. Contrary to popular belief, its easier to get a better equalivent in 4u then 2u. If you are 'decent' at 4u, the aligning and scaling will get you a mid 90s, meanwhile whilst the content in 2u may not be hard, the marks often lost are due to mistakes, hence pushing you down.

only hks do MX2
Yes, I am from Hong Kong

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Reasons to do MX2
1. Makes MX1 as easy as flipping a pancake.
2. MX1 will now be worth 2 units, so double the amount of goodness.
3. Contrary to popular belief, its easier to get a better equalivent in 4u then 2u. If you are 'decent' at 4u, the aligning and scaling will get you a mid 90s, meanwhile whilst the content in 2u may not be hard, the marks often lost are due to mistakes, hence pushing you down.

Yes, I am from Hong Kong
what happens if i'm ranked last in MX2 lol

gg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)