2013ers doing Commerce? (4 Viewers)

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
So many people doing Combined Commerce with IS (not only here, but friends also). Why are so many people doing that?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
So many people doing Combined Commerce with IS (not only here, but friends also). Why are so many people doing that?
It's the safe choice and there are the most job opportunities (I joined the band wagon too haha).

hayleyemma96

HSC
I chose Commerce because it gives me an opportunity to work within the graduate program at the Tax Office (which is what I want to do). You need a Commerce degree to do a Master of Taxation at Usyd or UNSW (the only places in Sydney that offer such a course via distance education).

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I chose Commerce because it gives me an opportunity to work within the graduate program at the Tax Office (which is what I want to do). You need a Commerce degree to do a Master of Taxation at Usyd or UNSW (the only places in Sydney that offer such a course via distance education).
Do you even need a Master of Taxation? Generally the CA/CPA program is more emphasised upon in the industry, however this is for private sector and i'm not well informed for government based roles.

hayleyemma96

HSC
Do you even need a Master of Taxation? Generally the CA/CPA program is more emphasised upon in the industry, however this is for private sector and i'm not well informed for government based roles.
The Master of Taxation would be paid for by the Tax Office (under their graduate program) and gives you a competitive advantage (rather than studying 2 units in the normal commerce degree). I don't want to be an Accountant per se, i want to work within a legal advisory role

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pHyRe

HSC
changed my mind and now im doing commerce/scienece (adv. maths) at usyd. i think it'll hopefully separate me a bit from the average usyd/unsw comm graduate with a credit average and an internship. especially if i major in financial maths.

Yes I'm doing BCom :) 6 more days for hsc results omg.. and yep UNSW all the way brah ^
Certain with 5 bonus points and 91.3 ish aint too hard.
Goodluck ppl planning to do UNSW BCom!!

Anyone got any pros to do BCom at Usyd?
social life
internship/job placement seemed better going off the info day
i doubt employers care either way. no one is gonna discard your job app cause you went to sydney

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
The Master of Taxation would be paid for by the Tax Office (under their graduate program) and gives you a competitive advantage (rather than studying 2 units in the normal commerce degree). I don't want to be an Accountant per se, i want to work within a legal advisory role

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fair enough, i never knew it was an aspect of the grad program.

Examine

same
HSC
changed my mind and now im doing commerce/scienece (adv. maths) at usyd. i think it'll hopefully separate me a bit from the average usyd/unsw comm graduate with a credit average and an internship. especially if i major in financial maths.
You trying to get into IB?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)