Series and their Applications (2 Viewers)

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
For past HSC students, how do you manage to keep all the information for this topic...isnt it hard ? and how do you memories all the formulas ?

Is it better to memories all the formulas or keep on practicing the past paper on these ?

braintic

HSC
N/A
Is it better to memories all the formulas or keep on practicing the past paper on these ?
Both. AND understand where the formulas come from so you can derive them if you forget. The two Tn formulae are just obvious, the Sn formula for an AP is easy to derive, Sn for a GP is slightly trickier (or perhaps not quite as obvious) but still not particularly difficult to derive, and the sum to infinity formula is very obvious once you know the Sn formula.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks...

Is it just me or other people also got this type of feeling...that when you do all the topic work and you understood it and got all the answers right...but when you do the same topic via the past paper...your brain got blank..you have no idea on how to do it...HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS FEELING..

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
more past papers

more practice

more questions

photastic

HSC
more past papers

more practice

more questions
I second this. The more you repeat, the more likely the formulas will come naturally to you during exams. At first, for the normal student, in your working out the first line would be the formula and overtime it'd be like the alphabet :p

bongoli

HSC
Try to understand the logic behind the formulas and then apply it to set textbook questions. Eventually with heightened practice, it'll become second nature and then just do some past paper questions to consolidate that knowledge so you know the layout of practice questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)