Anyone in year 11 from a normal public school.. lol (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
I feel like everyone is from selective schools here . just curious to see how many of you are like me.

enoilgam

HSC
I want to my local Catholic High School - I guess that is kind of comprehensive.

turntaker

HSC
Pure public school
Which one xD?
I am guessing you are top in your year haha.. there is not much competition in public schools.. and the standard is so low..

enoilgam

HSC
Same as me, but isn't it still classified as an independent private school?
Kind of, but still, it isnt a selective school, which I guess is kind of what this thread is about in a way (and by non-selective, I mean a school without an academic selection criteria, so I'm counting Grammar etc as selective).

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Which one xD?
I am guessing you are top in your year haha.. there is not much competition in public schools.. and the standard is so low..
The standard varies from school to school, some schools does have pretty high standards, even if they are public, it is hard to make a generalisation...

tumtoom

HSC
Which one xD?

While strawberrye might have put it nicely ... I will be blunt

Ignorance is NOT bliss, stop assuming everything!
I don't know if you simply go to a horrible school or you have a big ego, but public schools can actually have smart studentS and have proper standards AND competition

So yes ... Justem is in fact ONE of the top students coz shes that bloodly dang smart, however she is ONE OF THEM because we have so many talented people
Capiche?!

DLMisme

HSC
I go to a pretty underachieving public school. There aren't any selective high schools in my area.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Public, non private, possibly selective haha

turntaker

HSC

I don't know if you simply go to a horrible school or you have a big ego, but public schools can actually have smart studentS and have proper standards AND competition

So yes ... Justem is in fact ONE of the top students coz shes that bloodly dang smart, however she is ONE OF THEM because we have so many talented people
Capiche?!
First of all you need to calm down since I didn't insult anyone. And you may be right however from my experience and the schools around me, only about 2-4 people get an atar of 90+ from each cohort. Also I know they can have good students but the ratio of people who try and people who dont is probably 1:15. And saying that she is probably the top of her year is not an insult. Do you just try and start arguments in threads?

turntaker

HSC

Capiche?!
Also its not really talent, its how much people put effort into studying.

turntaker

HSC
The way you expressed yourself on this thread did kinda imply you were being condescending to those who went to public schools.
No, I just wanted to find out who went to a public school. Also one thing I do not like about selective or private schools is that most students believe they are superior to other students who attend public schools. I know not everyone is like that but from my experience and what others have told me this is kind of true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)