IRP Help (HSC Stress) (1 Viewer)

Skier

HSC
Hi,
I have just recieved my IRP. I've decided to do it on the stress of the HSC.

This is my question:
Does stress created by the HSC affect the wellbeing of students?

This is my hypothesis:
The stress is put on by the students themselves rather than the HSC.

My Project Plan is due on 1st of November 2013.

I need anybody with any imformation on this topic to help me conduct surveys and any information would be helpful.

Skier : )

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
Has this been approved by your teacher yet? I would say that your hypothesis doesn't reflect your question as well as it perhaps should. For instance:

Statement: An investigation into the impact that maladaptive perfectionism has upon the wellbeing of senior high school aged adolescents., Question: How does maladaptive perfectionism influence the state of wellbeing experienced by senior high school aged adolescents?, Hypothesis: Maladaptive perfectionism has a negative impact upon the state of wellbeing experienced by senior high school aged adolescents.
I think you should be slightly more specific in your question (eg: How do alternate variants of stress (-- you can talk about external and internal pressures within the HSC such as self inflicted stress, stresses from family, a want to do well/achieve particular marks, pressure of the media/general society; this will also give you a larger spectrum of potential questions as well as who you can conduct your research methodologies on (remember you're not just limited to students... you can interview ex-HSC students for a reflective opinion/parents of students who are/have undertook the HSC) as well as your secondary research--) inflicted upon year 12 students by the HSC affect holistic and individual wellbeing?) - then your hypothesis will make a lot more sense (i.e. stating that the majority of stress is created perhaps unnecessarily by students themselves).

Coming back to your original question, if you conduct your 'structured questionnaires' (remember your terminology for maximum marks) through Survey Monkey, you can distribute them via the boredofstudies forum here, and I'm sure everyone would be happy to help you out - just remember to thank both Survey Monkey and the bos forum for their services in your aknowlegements.

You also want to make sure that you can get enough reputable secondary research for your literature review - and absolutely make sure to print out and highlight ANYTHING that you find and put it into your appendix whether you quote from it or not. Trust me, the last thing you need is to be accused of plagiarism and be completely stripped of your marks, because yes, it does happen even to the most well meaning of people.

If you need anymore help, feel free to message me. I really enjoyed the IRP assignment, strangely enough.

sarahdirani

HSC
Hi, you seemed to give really good advice.
I am doing it on the same topic, my hypothesis is "stress created by the HSC negatively affects the wellbeing of students"

I cant seem to find any secondary resources like articles relating to my topic and i really want to get started on it

Any help would be great :) Thanks

sarahdirani

HSC
And i need to figure out some questions for my survey to help prove my hypothesis, so if you have any knowledge on this topic please help!! thankyouuu!

Kat92

HSC
Hi, you seemed to give really good advice.
I am doing it on the same topic, my hypothesis is "stress created by the HSC negatively affects the wellbeing of students"

I cant seem to find any secondary resources like articles relating to my topic and i really want to get started on it

Any help would be great :) Thanks
You would look at aspects such as: perfectionism; goal theory; motivation; etc.

I have provided some articles below as a starting point that you may like to look through.

http://prijipati.library.usyd.edu.au/bitstream/2123/4376/1/Vol3No2Article5.pdf
http://www.responseability.org/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/4606/953483.pdf
http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?articleid=1537633&show=abstract
http://ojs.ml.unisa.edu.au/index.php/JSW/article/view/735

sarahdirani

HSC
Thank you heaps for the articles they look like they would help a lot with my topic :)

Now I'm thinking of doing a survey for current year 12 students, and also past students who have did the HSC to get more results
- asking questions about their well being like if the stress has effected their sleep, eating, social life, emotional wellbeing etc...

do you think this is a good idea?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you heaps for the articles they look like they would help a lot with my topic :)

Now I'm thinking of doing a survey for current year 12 students, and also past students who have did the HSC to get more results
- asking questions about their well being like if the stress has effected their sleep, eating, social life, emotional wellbeing etc...

do you think this is a good idea?
I think its an all-right idea, I'm not sure how importance originality is with CAFS as I do not do the subject.

sarahdirani

HSC
Thanks though you think its a topic that often used? anyways I have already started, I guess it doesnt matter what topic..

Just as long as I am able to do a good job of it and have a well written report

Hopefully it goes well, lol I better get started because it takes a lot of time

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks though you think its a topic that often used? anyways I have already started, I guess it doesnt matter what topic..

Just as long as I am able to do a good job of it and have a well written report

Hopefully it goes well, lol I better get started because it takes a lot of time
I'd say it was given I see very similar surveys from previous years. Yeah.. should be fine as long as you have a well written report/research etc

:) Goodluck

sreinut pou

HSC
hey
I have just recieved my IRP. I've decided to do it on the stress of the HSC.
my question
does strees have a negative impact on senior students emotinal wellbeingg?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)