• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simran-

HSC
Learn from your mistakes

I received my half-yearly results back and I have to say they were terrible

So I'm going to use this as motivation to get my head back in the game.

Besides, this is only year 11 - now is the time to expose your flaws.
Tell me about it :/
I got my Bio prac exam marks back.
Im pleased with my mark (26.5/35) considering that science has NEVER been my strong subject. But my mum is just so pissed of! :/
Its least encouraging and motivating.
Like, there's something call self-achievement and self satisfaction.

And the "its only year 11" argument doesn't work with my mum. She keeps comparing year 11 to year 12. Every time i get a mark back..she always has to convert it to a band! >:-/

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Im pleased with my mark (26.5/35) considering that science has NEVER been my strong subject. But my mum is just so pissed of! :/

And the "its only year 11" argument doesn't work with my mum. She keeps comparing year 11 to year 12. Every time i get a mark back..she always has to convert it to a band! >:-/
Well... The "it's only year 11" thing is true in the sense that it doesn't count towards your ATAR. However, the skills you develop are of vital importance.

What happens if you don't have the foundation in your maths? What if you cannot write an essay? What if you have bad study habits. What if this? What if that?

Think about it.

rawrliongirl

HSC
You question why you're not dead yet

This is because your purpose in life is yet to happen :D

+ Don't base a suicide on a mere test, its irrational, you've got so much to live for like your love of music, your caring family and friends as well as that cute guy that works at JB :D
I lol'ed hard.

But seriously, I agree with Crisium - don't base your worth on some petty half-yearlies exams - it doesn't define who you are as a person.
its not the exams guys. i actually really hate myself. i hate myself more than anything. I'm a worthless piece of shit. I am nothing. There's nothing good about me. I have no purpose in life.
JB guy probably doesn't care about me. I don't think anyone does tbh.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
its not the exams guys. i actually really hate myself. i hate myself more than anything. I'm a worthless piece of shit. I am nothing. There's nothing good about me. I have no purpose in life.
For f**ks sakes, stop telling yourself all this nonsense. You have purpose, you have something to live for.

As I f**king said 10 minutes, talk to a counsellor or psychologist. Make a thread and people will be more than happy to assist you.

Your friends and family would surely care about you. Stop acting like a nihilist for the love of God.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
You need to get a hold of yourself . Once you start realising you are thinking negatively .. STOP, and nip it in the butt, before it becomes a snowball of negativity.

Life is full of obstacles, once you overcome them, you will become a better and more stronger person. I once was negative about life like you, but I sought help and talked to my friends.

I still have times where I feel negative feelings, but I choose whether or not to keep thinking that way.

rawrliongirl

HSC
For f**ks sakes, stop telling yourself all this nonsense. You have purpose, you have something to live for.

As I f**king said 10 minutes, talk to a counsellor or psychologist. Make a thread and people will be more than happy to assist you.

Your friends and family would surely care about you. Stop acting like a nihilist for the love of God.
it's not nonsense, its the truth. no, id honestly rather just end it all. i don't think anyone would help i mean nobody understands me.
i don't think they do care about me..i really don't think they do. i think from now on I'm just gonna go sit by myself because even when i sit with them nobody fcking talks to eachother.

rawrliongirl

HSC
You need to get a hold of yourself . Once you start realising you are thinking negatively .. STOP, and nip it in the butt, before it becomes a snowball of negativity.

Life is full of obstacles, once you overcome them, you will become a better and more stronger person. I once was negative about life like you, but I sought help and talked to my friends.

I still have times where I feel negative feelings, but I choose whether or not to keep thinking that way.
my friends reaaaaallly don't help...
idk, I've been like this since year 8, it's kinda hard to stop.

i should never have brought this up.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

So you've just kept it in the dark? Why didn't you do anything about it ^^?

Seriously... Do something about it. There's nothing wrong in seeing a counsellor or psychologist.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Don't hate on yourself because others are better than you, you suck at certain things and all that bull sh*t

They can go f*ck themselves for all you should care

You were born into this world different from everyone else that's what makes you unique

Just don't give a sh*t because you're different to others or can't do things that other people can do

You can pull through I know it and if that JB guy doesn't care about you then you're chasing the wrong guy, he should just go s*ck his d*ck

+ We care about you that's why we are concerned for your mental wellbeing, please do us a favour and visit a psychologist or counselor about this situation you're in because I assure you that others have been placed in a similar scenario and they have pulled through

So hang in there you'll be fine :D

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

If you never brought this up how would you have known that others didn't care for you?

When you bring these sort of things out of the darkness you'll see a lot more of the truth, and it might just surprise you

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Liongirl, I can empathize greatly with you. I urge you greatly to start a thread on here about what you're struggling with because let me tell you the BOS community is a place where I've met some of the most wonderful and helpful people I've ever come across. I know what you're going through, feeling this way is not something you can just turn off, it is a long depressing hole which feels like you can never get out of. I know, I've been through the same thing. Please just talk to someone, from personal experience this is so detrimental to your health. It has affected me so much that people have noticed it and that's the worst feeling, to have others know you're weakness. Before it gets that bad please, please talk to someone, it helps immensely. I am here for you, and please whatever you do do NOT resort to self harm or abusing yourself it is a catastrophic habit that is extremely hard to get out of. You are not the only one out there , you have a whole community of amazing people whom you just need to ask for help. You are not worthless, you are beautiful and talented and worthy of this life.

Please PM me if you ever need to❤

Last edited:

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Liongirl, your hscs has one purpose and ONE purpose only - to get you into your desired university course, (maybe get you a tutoring job somewhere but sidetracking..). LISTEN TO ME - YOU ARE NOT USELESS. Spectating on your subjects, it is more than likely that they are challenging. So while you think that you are useless, imagine all those hundreds of thousands of drop kicks on their CBR or Civic doing NOTHING with their lives. Even if you fail preliminaries or hscs, SO WHAT? you are not useless. I failed and this is my chance to better myself, unlike others who ACCEPT failure. With hard working ethics, it will take you ANYWHERE.

Take a mcdonalds trainee for example, do you think he will sustain that position for the rest of his life? NO. More than likely he will get promoted to a more managing position or apply for some other place with a higher position. And i'm talking about zero experience, fresh start.
Now look at yourself. You're a hardworking, intelligent, driven individual. You know where you've gone wrong (or if you don't you will). You know as well as i do that hardwork > talent. SO PICK YOURSELF UP, DUST YOURSELF OFF AND START WORKING YOUR BUTT OFF. YOU ARE NOT USELESS UNTIL YOU STOP.

rawrliongirl

HSC
thanks everyone, nice to know some people care and want to offer help. other people i've spoken to in the past offered no help at all and said things like "ik aye life sucks" or "just get over it" T_T

rwehbe

HSC
now in term 2 of perlims, i'm shocked by how much work there is this year compared to last.

oh boy, anyone do extension english, in particular, the archetypal quest??

Thunderstorm

HSC
Just finished an essay for extension due to be done on Friday. Is 1500 words pushing it for 40 mins :uhoh:

For a sec I thought you were in my school coz of the whole Eng ext. essay this friday thing. Eventually I read everything and now I understand! Hahaha me and my moments :)
But yea mine are like spread out too!
Hahaha oh maybe? Do you live in/near Wollongong?

Last edited:

flyingmwa

HSC

Hahaha its an Asian thing! My parents do the same! Lol

flyingmwa

HSC
Just finished an essay for extension due to be done on Friday. Is 1500 words pushing it for 40 mins :uhoh:

Hahaha oh maybe? Do you live in/near Wollongong?
Yea mate we dont go to the same school for sure! But hey! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)