Year 11 2014 Chat :) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiction

HSC
Haha I'm not first lol. I was in year 11 but I'm terrible at theory so yeah :( I'm happy if I'm ranked top 3 though, everyone in my class is amazing so yeah ^.^

Awwww :( what's your idea? And don't worry, ideas always change!!
haha I want to focus on heros and childhood and stuff xD I'm like addicted to my childhood in VA LOL
Dude, you'll like own everyone in your class with that work :O haha yeah, I hate theory :c It's so uninteresting (except the dada movement, which is both incredibly creepy and interesting) I find it funny how VA almost encourage waffling with the 2000+ word limit, while every other subject is like, condense the essay you ninny... 800 words max >O

Fiction

HSC
Did you start at an really early age?
I guess C: I started in year 1, so around 6-7 years old? and finished in year 8 (14-15 years old?). I skipped a few grades though (b/c my first teacher, taught me like basic keyboardish piano for 2 years, and made me take the prelim exam lol)

Do you play?:D

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I guess C: I started in year 1, so around 6-7 years old? and finished in year 8 (14-15 years old?). I skipped a few grades though (b/c my first teacher, taught me like basic keyboardish piano for 2 years, and made me take the prelim exam lol)

Do you play?:D
I do , but I'm self taught. (No teacher)

Pop music is ok, but classical piano pieces just shits over me lol

Probably cause I never did scales or arpeggios and all that technical sruff

Fiction

HSC
I do , but I'm self taught. (No teacher)

Pop music is ok, but classical piano pieces just shits over me lol

Probably cause I never did scales or arpeggios and all that technical sruff
haha i fluked my scales up to 6th grade when I almost failed lol...
Then I started practising :c

Piano's not that hard compared to other instruments. I mean you seriously only move your hands and like one foot (two on some songs and three on... kidding :p
Compared to the idk, clarient, where you can like idk, faint? from playing, piano is (in my eyes) considered really easy haha xD

Key advice. Practise constantly. It doesn't matter if it's 5 min a day or 10 min, as long as you force yourself to practise every day :O Trust me, I only practised like 0-20 min max per day for eighth grade and I passeeeeed<3 Whileas, for 6th grade practise = lesson time lol = almost fail

There's like more than one syllabus for music (idk if syllabus is the right word) there's like the 16 and stuff, and also piano for leisure - take the leisure course, it has more jazz, pop music :)

Scales are legit just what is on that sheet music. Just make sure you can play it at an ok fast pace, and you're set.

I tried self-teaching myself the violin after my teacher like pretty much died on me, complete and utter FAIL XD;

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
haha i fluked my scales up to 6th grade when I almost failed lol...
Then I started practising :c

Piano's not that hard compared to other instruments. I mean you seriously only move your hands and like one foot (two on some songs and three on... kidding :p
Compared to the idk, clarient, where you can like idk, faint? from playing, piano is (in my eyes) considered really easy haha xD

Key advice. Practise constantly. It doesn't matter if it's 5 min a day or 10 min, as long as you force yourself to practise every day :O Trust me, I only practised like 0-20 min max per day for eighth grade and I passeeeeed<3 Whileas, for 6th grade practise = lesson time lol = almost fail

There's like more than one syllabus for music (idk if syllabus is the right word) there's like the 16 and stuff, and also piano for leisure - take the leisure course, it has more jazz, pop music :)

Scales are legit just what is on that sheet music. Just make sure you can play it at an ok fast pace, and you're set.

I tried self-teaching myself the violin after my teacher like pretty much died on me, complete and utter FAIL XD;
XD

I need a teacher for direction and to point out mistakes lol.

Cheers

Fiction

HSC
XD

I need a teacher for direction and to point out mistakes lol.

Cheers
The cheaper version is to record yourself and pinpoint where you're making mistakes :p Alternatively, if you happen to have a self-proclaimed musical genius father (like moi, he sucks but it's cute) you can get him to pinpoint where abouts you're kinda making mistakes.

Are you learning with one hand first, then the other then both? Go slow first (obv) It may be tempting to start fast and sound liek the song when it's finished, but it's so much more worth it to go slow. Patience young grasshopper ;)

I personally find, that most people rush alot - as in that's their biggest mistake. If you can bear it, have a metronome on. If you can't, screw that and count in your head. Note, you shouldn't need a metronome after a while, it's only for those first few week (s) Make sure your fingering's correct - it's actually really important.

Good luck! <3 I'm sure you'll pass with flying colours (pass as in suceed, but succeed with flying colours sounds weird haha)

Oo- if you're doing exams, if you're not taking the leisure course, you need to be able to like do aural, and sight reading, if you're taking the leisure course, you can choose :) So yeah - print off random sheet music of your fav song and just sight read it.

Warning: If you do play a song that you love, you're pretty much dissecting the music and you may grow to hate the song. For me, personally, that's what happened //cries

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
All this talk of piano reminds me of how lazy I am with practice lol

Fiction

HSC
All this talk of piano reminds me of how lazy I am with practice lol
haha SUCKER >D You poor, poor, soul xD

and hi five m8 8D Wing it. (the exam)

Which grade are you on? And what exam period? :) alksdjfalsdfjk good luck btw c:

Fiction

HSC
lol true dat. I rarely practise and when I do I cry at how crap I am.
Dudette you'll be fine :) I donm't think it's humanely possible to fail a grade, so even though it's just a pass, at least you've, well, passed lol

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
haha SUCKER >D You poor, poor, soul xD

and hi five m8 8D Wing it. (the exam)

Which grade are you on? And what exam period? :) alksdjfalsdfjk good luck btw c:
grade 7 :)

and my exam period is in august

I am so screwed it's not funny

although 2/3 pieces are going alright, basic skills like scales, arpeggios and shit are fine, need to begin memorising general knowledge cause it is a bitch

lavender1001

HSC
adkjflaskdjf I have like 200+ amazing artists that I'm just like alkdjfalsdkfja why so good? q.q //cries From the top of my head there's, phoenixlu, elephantwendigo? <~ can't spell, Asfahani, Lijon, 3fukutaicho, ELK64, vtas <~ SO SO GOOD :O, jinx-star, zaphlla and like adlkfjadlfk I mostly look at the semi-realism stuff xD

BUT OMG YUMMEI <3 I love her stories XD She's such a good sculptor and artist and painter and enviornmentally actively person and my grammar is getting messed up because of my frozen fingers haha xD

Do you have a DA account? C: aldkjfaldfj who do you like? Oh - and there's always k-koji, but he's works only good from afar.

lol what's ?
MARRY ME FICTION. You complete me!! lol. I follow many artists with a range of styles but I really like fantasy, dark and sinister art, and the anime style. I love laverinne, emperpep, manzanedo, loputyn, YUUMEI +10000000 more artists. Shes so talented and the dragon sculptures she makes are jaw-dropping, her stories are so beautiful and theres so much symbolism behind her art. And the means my heart beats for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)