Question? (1 Viewer)

vdub72

HSC
I was reading this:

"Assessment ranks
When you have completed all your assessment tasks, your school will submit your school-based assessment mark to the Board for each of your courses.

Your school is not allowed to tell you your final school-based assessment marks. However, it may tell you where you are placed in each course (your ‘rank') at key points throughout the assessment program.

Your assessment ranks will be available in My Details on the day of the last HSC written exam."

And was wondering why this was the case?

HSC
I was reading this:

"Assessment ranks
When you have completed all your assessment tasks, your school will submit your school-based assessment mark to the Board for each of your courses.

Your school is not allowed to tell you your final school-based assessment marks. However, it may tell you where you are placed in each course (your ‘rank') at key points throughout the assessment program.

Your assessment ranks will be available in My Details on the day of the last HSC written exam."

And was wondering why this was the case?
I thought schools give ranks like straight after trials

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
wut? Really, pls source.

I remember our teachers giving us all of our marks but explaining that they don't mean anything

vdub72

HSC
I thought so too, but from that I think it's implying they can tell you your rank unofficially but not the assessment mark they submit for you?

photastic

HSC
Stupid rule, what's wrong with knowing your final ranks?

HSC
'I don't think schools care or something because students do get their final ranks after trials. Plus if they know these details, what can they do with it? Why is BOS so pedantic?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
OHHHHH! But I don't think my school's gonna tell us for some damn reason. Thanks Square3root's ghost
try to weasel it out of your teachers, or it wouldn't really be that hard to calculate it your self

lol

photastic

HSC
try to weasel it out of your teachers, or it wouldn't really be that hard to calculate it your self

lol
School calculates ranks based on components for some subjects so it's pretty hard to track down other student's specific marks

HSC
School calculates ranks based on components for some subjects so it's pretty hard to track down other student's specific marks
But competitive students will want to know their mark and ranks against other smart students, so they'll all calculate together

photastic

HSC
But competitive students will want to know their mark and ranks against other smart students, so they'll all calculate together
Yea but some teachers don't tell you which components weigh higher. They give us weighting percentages but they hide specific procedures :(

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
no not really. you can calculate your own final internal assessment mark (not that it means anything) with some simple maths. I am sure you got all your marks back from throughout the year so just calculate it (or get a asian friend to do it for you)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)