• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
:O I forgot your a uni student alkdfjaldkfjalsdfj
haha apparently uni's like taking a hsc every 6 weeks... idk what to say other than
SUCKER Life will get better isocheesy//sob
You're :p

Depends on how you manage your work and how much you procrastinate ....

You'll find out in time

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Also dangerouss, its the internet and people often will write things that you will not appreciate. I probably was wrong to make that statement but I don't thing it's a big deal since I didn't personally insult you. If you have emotional connections with the word "bae", I apologize.
I'm just saying, I'm sure many don't condone derogatory comments either.. But hey, of course I understand that I will not always be pleased by others and their remarks. You don't need to apologise for anything.... ? haha dw man.

Fiction

HSC
You're :p

Depends on how you manage your work and how much you procrastinate ....

You'll find out in time
You grandma nazi you (geddit? 8D Grammar, grandma?) I'll stop xD
I can't wait for uni<3 I'll be this mini tank working 120 hours a week at maccas or something

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
You grandma nazi you (geddit? 8D Grammar, grandma?) I'll stop xD
I can't wait for uni<3 I'll be this mini tank working 120 hours a week at maccas or something
You must be high lol

I think, when you actually get into the jist of uni, your feelings towards it may change :p

Fiction

HSC
You must be high lol

I think, when you actually get into the jist of uni, your feelings towards it may change :p
dat shock man. How dare you accuse me of taking drugs :O NEVER :D EVER EVER EVER NEVER I'msorryiloveyoutoonerd<3

Can I call you nerdy :D asdasd is confusing :c

Ok I will talk in proper sentences will full stops and everything with capital letters where capital letters should be and no grandmas. Just for you sweetie-pie.

I was kidding about the working bit :) I can barely force myself into 30 hours of school per week... gimme 120 hours of work and I will die. I will die. //first world problems

I guess I expect Uni to be more casual but strict at the same time? Like higher expectations, less rules, more freedom, but more pressure of being a responsible individual who is actually -shock- an adult. LIke vut?

If it's not too creepy - which uni do you go to? c: :) :) I am such a stalker XD

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
dat shock man. How dare you accuse me of taking drugs :O NEVER :D EVER EVER EVER NEVER I'msorryiloveyoutoonerd<3

Can I call you nerdy :D asdasd is confusing :c

Ok I will talk in proper sentences will full stops and everything with capital letters where capital letters should be and no grandmas. Just for you sweetie-pie.

I was kidding about the working bit :) I can barely force myself into 30 hours of school per week... gimme 120 hours of work and I will die. I will die. //first world problems

I guess I expect Uni to be more casual but strict at the same time? Like higher expectations, less rules, more freedom, but more pressure of being a responsible individual who is actually -shock- an adult. LIke vut?

If it's not too creepy - which uni do you go to? c: :) :) I am such a stalker XD
Yep

You have to be responsible , check deadlines yourself, be consistent :)

Uhh uts, don't I have it on my sig

(Kids this is why you don't do drugs )

Fiction

HSC
Yep

You have to be responsible , check deadlines yourself, be consistent :)

Uhh uts, don't I have it on my sig

(Kids this is why you don't do drugs )
LOL xD
I had to re-read your siggie 3 times before I saw it xD i just assumed the "currently studying" was another subject with free past papers you generously put up :D haha xD

Nerdy is derp derp :D You're the piano dude right? c:

Night night people :D Sweet dreams don't let the bed buggies bite :)

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL xD
I had to re-read your siggie 3 times before I saw it xD i just assumed the "currently studying" was another subject with free past papers you generously put up :D haha xD

Nerdy is derp derp :D You're the piano dude right? c:

Night night people :D Sweet dreams don't let the bed buggies bite :)
Nighty night

Yes I am :)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Mine are in week 9 and 10.
Im totally screwed for english. I've got no idea how to study and prepare for it :/
notsureifsrs

but anyhow, all you need to do is:

- understand the rubric and use key words for your essays depending on the modules you do, e.g. module A is context
- answer the question and nothing but the question - you'll be surprised how many of my peers fail to do this. this comes with knowing your prescribed and related texts inside out
- have good essay structure, i.e. topic sentence, techinque, quote, effort and link (can have variation with this as long as it flows)
- maintain textual integrity which is basically knowing how a text comes together as a coherent whole and its relevance to time
- appropriate usage of vocab. imo, high-modality language that is assertive and gets straight to the point is more impressive talking about a hodgepodge pastiche that comes from the amalgamation of various elements (see what i mean?)

if you get these nailed down, you're set :)

Simran-

HSC
Oh that's good. I hope your studies are going well. I became vice captain at my school which was kinda cool. Also I know if I do not so great its not the end of the world. I pretty much missed 2 weeks of school and got so behind. And then I went through anxiety and stress for another week because I had missed all that. I am back on track now but idk if this is enough time for my to prepare for exams. They are in 3 weeks plus I have not worked consistently throughout this year..
Congrats on becoming vice-captain! :D
Im sure you will do well for your exams.

Simran-

HSC
notsureifsrs

- understand the rubric and use key words for your essays depending on the modules you do, e.g. module A is context
- answer the question and nothing but the question - you'll be surprised how many of my peers fail to do this. this comes with knowing your prescribed and related texts inside out
- have good essay structure, i.e. topic sentence, techinque, quote, effort and link (can have variation with this as long as it flows)
- maintain textual integrity which is basically knowing how a text comes together as a coherent whole and its relevance to time
- appropriate usage of vocab. imo, high-modality language that is assertive and gets straight to the point is more impressive talking about a hodgepodge pastiche that comes from the amalgamation of various elements (see what i mean?)

for module A, my prescribed text was the book thief and related text was the poem road not taken by robert frost.
how should i be preparing specifically for this part of the exam (module A)?
as of now, i know we have to write a creative on the AOS Journeys and maybe 2/3 essays.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
for module A, my prescribed text was the book thief and related text was the poem road not taken by robert frost.
how should i be preparing specifically for this part of the exam (module A)?
Not an English pro, but...

Well, module A can be summed up by one word: context. You need to find contextual influences that were prevalent during the time period via knowing the literary moment. From there, you compare the similarities and differences in the values that arise from analysing the text and then relate to context.

Fiction

HSC
notsureifsrs

What is this magical key works that I always hear about but always seem to miss? Care to expand? This is a legit question - not trying to be sarcastic or anything :)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
What is this magical key works that I always hear about but always seem to miss? Care to expand? This is a legit question - not trying to be sarcastic or anything :)
Haha, no worries. :)

So when I mean key words - I'm talking about using the important ones from the rubric that you should adhere towards and implement in your essays. Discovery is kinda long-winded as there are many concepts that connect to each other, whereas for the modules they are:

Mod A: context, values and attitudes
Mod B: textual integrity
Mod C: representations of events, personalities and situations

Last edited:

Alo1428

HSC
Gooood luck for prelims guys! i cant wait to start year12 so i can drop a few subjects
who else is planning on picking up ext2 maths!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)