Maiden Names (1 Viewer)

Whovian95

HSC
Hey BoS,
Was on the train home and came across an article stating that there was an increase in women keeping their maiden names. Along with this, there were males who genuinely expressed hurt when their partners didnt take after their family name after marriage.

So a question to the males; do you care if your wife takes your family or not? How would you feel if she chose to keep her maiden name?
Question to the girls; would you take your husband's family name or would you keep your maiden name? why?

I'm quite curious as to what you guys think.

meggles_

HSC
Keep maiden name - it's what my family's always done and it would remind me of where I come from

SquareHeartsAdrita

cya later alligator
HSC
tbh; wouldn't care because they can do what they want. It shouldn't be a deal breaker if you really love them

ha! gggaayyyeee

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Who even cares about these things lol.

However, I have killer initials so if they had my initials then it would start a killer initials family tradition.

My initials are:

WRX

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Don't give a fuck..... i would prefer it.... but in the end.... its not an issue

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Preference is for wife to take my surname but I am just as fine for her to leave on her maidan name if wanted(it's just more convenient with same surnames as some people have expectations of it when married together),however the real deal would be if my son/daughter didn't take it,the thought of something of a legacy continuing with names always strikes me as very cool and interesting and I would love to have my son/daughter take on my family name.

iBibah

HSC
If she wants a slice of this pie she gotta take the name too.

inb4misogynist

enoilgam

HSC
Preference is for wife to take my surname but I am just as fine for her to leave on her maidan name if wanted(it's just more convenient with same surnames as some people have expectations of it when married together),however the real deal would be if my son/daughter didn't take it,the thought of something of a legacy continuing with names always strikes me as very cool and interesting and I would love to have my son/daughter take on my family name.
I'd do the whole middle name thing for the kids as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)