Lower UMAT cutoffs? (1 Viewer)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I know that at some universities, rural students have a lower UMAT cutoff. Like an extremely low UMAT cutoff.

I was wondering if there's any types of schemes or such at any university, that can allow a lower cutoff if someone is able to demonstrate they have been severely disadvantaged?

:)

HSC
I know that at some universities, rural students have a lower UMAT cutoff. Like an extremely low UMAT cutoff.

I was wondering if there's any types of schemes or such at any university, that can allow a lower cutoff if someone is able to demonstrate they have been severely disadvantaged?

Go live in rural Australia

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Gg

Yeah I've looked around but haven't found anything. I know there's scholarships, but I believe that's only after you get into med.
Are schools past the blue mountains area considered rural? Or does there have to be dirt roads?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Like imagine getting into med from a rural area and the atar cutoff is like 80 and umat is 50.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A

Doesn't uws already have a relatively low cut off for people applying from med sci or Adv Science at uws? Also assuming you live in a west, that's a further advantage right? (Not sure if this only applies to atar though)

Also if you have cash and really want to do med just do it at bond. Lower cut off than uws.

emilios

HSC
Doesn't uws already have a relatively low cut off for people applying from med sci or Adv Science at uws? Also assuming you live in a west, that's a further advantage right? (Not sure if this only applies to atar though)
Not particularly low, maybs like low-mid 80s. Also LOL... just do it at Bond. I have 330k lying around, let me just go find it.

EDIT: Oh and accommodation! Work for a couple decades and then you might be out of debt yay

Last edited:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A

Also if you have cash and really want to do med just do it at bond. Lower cut off than uws.
So you're saying that if you have the cash you can get into med with a reasonable atar such as ~90?

emilios

HSC
So you're saying that if you have the cash you can get into med with a reasonable atar such as ~90?
Bond isn't actually that low. I haven't seen the exact numbers, but don't think every rich kid can waltz in with a 90 atar and 50% UMAT.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Not particularly low, maybs like low-mid 80s. Also LOL... just do it at Bond. I have 330k lying around, let me just go find it.

EDIT: Oh and accommodation! Work for a couple decades and then you might be out of debt yay
Low mid 80s is 'relatively' low. If you look at past threads. 80 may be enough to get in. So ranking in top 20 tile compared to getting 98 tile and still getting bonded offer from unsw.

For bond I know people with 70s umat who got in.

Worst case scenario: I've heard of this private school kid do it. Go overseas and study at some private uni and come back to aus. Dodgy and you'll ruin having fun at uni but if you really want it, it's an option.

Last edited:

emilios

HSC
Low mid 80s is 'relatively' low. If you look at past threads. 80 may be enough to get in. So ranking in top 20 tile compared to getting 98 tile and still getting bonded offer from unsw.
Anyone that got 98 tile and still got a bonded offer must've flopped their interview pretty bad and/or got a sub-98 ATAR.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Which uni is this?
UNSW
LOL

The cut off is 50th percentile, however, since the interviews are awarded to the top 6 places within the cohort, it usually ends up being 85+~

emilios

HSC

For bond I know people with 70s umat who got in.

Worst case scenario: I've heard of this private school kid do it. Go overseas and study at some private uni and come back to aus. Dodgy and you'll ruin having fun at uni but if you really want it, it's an option.
What country man? I'm interested if I can manage it for like 100k but maybe that's dreaming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)