Question about HSC Economics essays marking (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
What is an attainable mark in this essay section?

When I'm practicing papers, I'm doing okay-ish in MC and short answers, but with the essay part I dunno what mark my essays are equivalent to. Hence I can't determine my potential raw mark lol. Any ideas on what to do?

mreditor16

HSC
What is an attainable mark in this essay section?

When I'm practicing papers, I'm doing okay-ish in MC and short answers, but with the essay part I dunno what mark my essays are equivalent to. Hence I can't determine my potential raw mark lol. Any ideas on what to do?
hmmm I understand where you're coming from...

At this point, if you're that keen on finding out what mark your essays are at, try doing one or two in exam conditions and then possibly email it to a teacher of yours (especially if they've ever been a HSC marker) and ask them what mark it would get in the HSC. not what they would give it at school level, because the harshness of your school's marking may be incredibly lower or quite higher....

but really it's too hard to tell. because the teacher you send it to might be lenient and so even if they tell you 19/20 for example, when it gets to HSC marking, you might be marked by two relatively harsher markers, who give you 17 and 18. as a result, you will get 17.5

so I think best is not to focus too much on your eco raw mark and what its going to align to and then it will scale to what, because economics can be a bit unpredictable at times, especially with marking. just focus on areas of improvement, and work on them :)

good luck!

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
hmmm I understand where you're coming from...

At this point, if you're that keen on finding out what mark your essays are at, try doing one or two in exam conditions and then possibly email it to a teacher of yours (especially if they've ever been a HSC marker) and ask them what mark it would get in the HSC. not what they would give it at school level, because the harshness of your school's marking may be incredibly lower or quite higher....

but really it's too hard to tell. because the teacher you send it to might be lenient and so even if they tell you 19/20 for example, when it gets to HSC marking, you might be marked by two relatively harsher markers, who give you 17 and 18. as a result, you will get 17.5

so I think best is not to focus too much on your eco raw mark and what its going to align to and then it will scale to what, because economics can be a bit unpredictable at times, especially with marking. just focus on areas of improvement, and work on them :)

good luck!
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Thanks so much for the advice :) repped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)