Hsc in one week! (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
My hand is dead from writing stupid stories and stupid essays. Yes the repetition of stupid reinforces the stupid nature of english.

Is everyone else just going over their notes and relaxing there hands tomorrow like me? hahahaha
I'm making notes and finding related texts, but yeah I definitely won't be hand writing much.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Lol, its mreditor. It's more like 98+ in everything else, its just these are his least favourite subjects so he might only end up with 96-97 :((((

I think the amount of writing in paper 1 is still okay, in paper 2 my hand spasms afterwards..
And yeah I've given up on English already. Did maths all of today, plans to do chem/pdhpe tomorrow
Couldn't improve past First in State :haha:.

mreditor16

HSC
Lol, its mreditor. It's more like 98+ in everything else, its just these are his least favourite subjects so he might only end up with 96-97
no no! :/ for latin 2u and 3u, I will be lucky to scrape 93+ and for phys and English, if I get more than 93, i'll laugh due to disbelief.

so calm down lol HPF

HSC
Lol, its mreditor. It's more like 98+ in everything else, its just these are his least favourite subjects so he might only end up with 96-97 :((((
I think the amount of writing in paper 1 is still okay, in paper 2 my hand spasms afterwards..
And yeah I've given up on English already. Did maths all of today, plans to do chem/pdhpe tomorrow
I've written 3 creatives, and 3 essays. Hence the dead hands :(
Couldn't improve past First in State :haha:.
HAHAHAH! She's trying to get straight 100.
no no! :/ for latin 2u and 3u, I will be lucky to scrape 93+ and for phys and English, if I get more than 93, i'll laugh due to disbelief.

so calm down lol HPF
This is what i believe your marks are going to be and if im correct you better get me lunch.

Latin 2u - 93 (for the sake of mreditor however i believe it'll be higher)
Latin 3u - 93 (Same reason as above)
English - 95
Maths 3u - 98 or 99
Maths 4u - 97 or 98
Physics - 96
Economics - we all know.

Equating to an atar of 99.95

Last edited:

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Are any of you legitimately hoping for state rank in a subject? No judgement about being conceited or anything if you say yes, I'm just curious :)

mreditor16

HSC
Lol chill I'm just trying to make you react because I know you will :p
Doubt it haha I'm sure that if you've prepared these last few weeks you might surprise yourself because I definitely think you're capable of getting much higher:) But ofc I don't have like a crystal ball

why am I being so nice to you what
haha thanks for the vote of confidence :)

mreditor16

HSC
Are any of you legitimately hoping for state rank in a subject? No judgement about being conceited or anything if you say yes, I'm just curious :)
Because my internal for 3U maths is first and we have a strong cohort, I do see that there is a small chance that I can state rank 3U maths. But it is bloody competitive and for external, a lot depends on exam-day performance and other factors. but if I get a 100 moderated internal (looks likely, since my cohort is strong), then it would provide a good foundation for maybe SRing 3u maths. but it is just a possibility - in actuality, I am not "hoping" or "aiming for SR in 3U. I just see that there is a decent chance of it happening...

and for all other subjects I'm doing, I can give you a 100% guarantee I won't state rank any of them. if I do, whoever first replies to this can have my eco SR. :)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Tbh my aim for pdhpe is to get 97+ (98 is usually state rank) for atar's sake (because certain other subjects are kind of screwing me up haha) more so than state rank's sake, but yeah that would be nice. As for being conceited, tbh I don't know if I can make it, its just an aim ("shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll land on the stars") but it is a subject where I feel like I have a fair chance, all dependent on my external performance. So I may end up with just 60 or 90 or 95 but yeah I am definitely preparing to maximise my marks the best I can :)
I don't think having an SR aim is conceited at all, I just thought people might not want to say that they did if they thought others would see it that way. I have an ATAR aim of 98+ in my sig, I can't accuse others of being conceited haha. I really hope you get it, you seem to work so hard and you're clearly very intelligent so you absolutely deserve it!

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Because my internal for 3U maths is first and we have a strong cohort, I do see that there is a small chance that I can state rank 3U maths. But it is bloody competitive and for external, a lot depends on exam-day performance and other factors. but if I get a 100 moderated internal (looks likely, since my cohort is strong), then it would provide a good foundation for maybe SRing 3u maths. but it is just a possibility - in actuality, I am not "hoping" or "aiming for SR in 3U. I just see that there is a decent chance of it happening...

and for all other subjects I'm doing, I can give you a 100% guarantee I won't state rank any of them. if I do, whoever first replies to this can have my eco SR. :)
hahaha I wish :)

SuchSmallHands

HSC

Yeah, 3U is crazy with how tight all the ranks are. Everyone in the state cohort tends to do so well that missing one mark on a silly mistake can take you out of contention for top 5. Whereas a little mistake in a modern essay isn't going to be the end of the world. Good luck, I'm sure that this year's BOS cohort will have plenty of SR results judging from the calibre of the 2014ers I've seen on here.

HSC
Atar Aim of 97+

Also aiming for a SR in standard english, however i don't think i'll get it. But this continual motivation and me putting effort into std hopefully gets me 90, content with 88+

mreditor16

HSC
hahaha I wish :)
okay, since you replied first, you get my Eco SR, if I SR any subject besides 3u maths.

:lol: I am actually being legit.

not! :p - I am never giving it away ;D just trying to show you how certain I am that it won't happen ;D

HSC
okay, since you replied first, you get my Eco SR, if I SR any subject besides 3u maths.

:lol: I am actually being legit.

not! :p - I am never giving it away ;D just trying to show you how certain I am that it won't happen ;D
This may be very weird, but that white writing, I can see it without having to click on "reply with quote" and realise you wrote something in white

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Atar Aim of 97+

Also aiming for a SR in standard english, however i don't think i'll get it. But this continual motivation and me putting effort into std hopefully gets me 90, content with 88+
You definitely will for standard! Why did you even do standard? It's pretty clear you should be in advanced instead.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I wish there was a HSC exam for Catholic Studies. I think I'd be in contention for first and I could go to that lunch thing they have for all the people who topped the state and sit next to the person who topped 4U maths haha

mreditor16

HSC
This is what i believe your marks are going to be and if im correct you better get me lunch.

Latin 2u - 93 (for the sake of mreditor however i believe it'll be higher)
Latin 3u - 93 (Same reason as above)
English - 95
Maths 3u - 98 or 99
Maths 4u - 97 or 98
Physics - 96
Economics - we all know.
lol, faisal, you are being very very optimistic, especially phys lol :D if I get 94 or above for phys, you can take 1 whole atar point off my atar and add it to yours :) and you can do the same thing, if I get 95 in English or 98 in 4u.

so if your prediction ends up being bang on correct, you can take 3 atar points off my atar and add it to yours :D legit :)

but thanks again for the vote of confidence :)

YAY! 1000th post :)

okay maybe I won't give you points off my atar (I still need to get into actuarial lol), but I'm just trying to show you how certain I am that some of your predictions are too unreasonable and optimistic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)