Thoughts on Italian Beginners (1 Viewer)

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts here.

I didn't mind the exam, however; I didn't like how the listening questions weren't read out.

Ciao :)

madijd

HSC
Share your thoughts here.

I didn't mind the exam, however; I didn't like how the listening questions weren't read out.

Ciao :)
I thought it was great! Same as always and no curveballs... the last questions were more interesting than previous years (not the typical "you are on exchange to Italy write home" etc"

The only listening question I struggled with a bit was the restaurant one and I didn't hear what the extra 20 euro was for??

What score are you hoping for?

madijd

HSC
What were the last question options?
1. You've just been at a party write a diary entry starting with I have just had an unforgettable night.
OR
2. You've just met an interesting person write a diary entry starting with I have just met an interesting person

Or something similar!

I picked 1

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought it was great! Same as always and no curveballs... the last questions were more interesting than previous years (not the typical "you are on exchange to Italy write home" etc"

The only listening question I struggled with a bit was the restaurant one and I didn't hear what the extra 20 euro was for??

What score are you hoping for?
It wasn't too bad. I thought it was good they changed the writing up a bit.
I would like 80 wbu?

madijd

HSC
It wasn't too bad. I thought it was good they changed the writing up a bit.
I would like 80 wbu?
Honestly I'm hoping for a state rank! I think my speaking might let me down a bit though I screwed up a question :(

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Honestly I'm hoping for a state rank! I think my speaking might let me down a bit though I screwed up a question :(
Good luck!! What questions did they ask you? Which one did you muck up?

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought the speaking wasn't too bad. I was as nervous as anything though. The only bad thing was my exam was the day after the trials finished :( But when I didn't have exams I'd go in and practice, practice, practice! I'm glad they didn't ask any scenarios. It is just annoying how we'll never find out what we get for that section.

They asked me questions that were similar than the ones of HSC online. Learn those and you'll be fine! :)

I just saw you do Italian, German + Ext, WOW! How did you find doing that much language? Do you want to study languages at uni? Have you had the German exam yet?

madijd

HSC
Good luck!! What questions did they ask you? Which one did you muck up?
I thought the speaking wasn't too bad. I was as nervous as anything though. The only bad thing was my exam was the day after the trials finished :( But when I didn't have exams I'd go in and practice, practice, practice! I'm glad they didn't ask any scenarios. It is just annoying how we'll never find out what we get for that section.

They asked me questions that were similar than the ones of HSC online. Learn those and you'll be fine! :)

I just saw you do Italian, German + Ext, WOW! How did you find doing that much language? Do you want to study languages at uni? Have you had the German exam yet?
Yeah just the normal questions! The one I screwed up was "is you mum happy with your decision to go to uni" - I understood fine and replied fine too, but at the end I mixed up subjunctive and conditional :( Im not too worried though hopefully my other answers will bring me up!

And yeah laura-jayne14 I do Italian Beg, German cont and ext!

Ive finished all my exams (German was in the first week and ext was last tuesday) Italian was my last exam!
It's not really a problem doing so many languages, i'm basically fluent in German (I went on exchange) and I find Italian easy to learn because I also learnt french until yr 10! Once you know how to learn a language you can pretty much pick up any other language!

I don't really want to study languages haha I want to do medicine! I will continue speaking german though but I won't pursue Italian, I don't find it that interesting to be honest!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)