If you ask for HSC exam recheck can your mark get lower? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Like if you get a certain mark, but then after the recheck the marks calculated are lower (rather than higher), would you end up getting a lower mark?

Thanks in advance :D

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Like if you get a certain mark, but then after the recheck the marks calculated are lower (rather than higher), would you end up getting a lower mark?

It is a double edged sword.

Your mark can get lower or higher....

- If the marker was in a good mood, they may have been more leniant
- If the marker was at the end of the long day, they may have been more lazy with error checking ...
- If the marker was sick and had a long day , they may mark more harshly

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
It is a double edged sword.

Your mark can get lower or higher....

- If the marker was in a good mood, they may have been more leniant
- If the marker was at the end of the long day, they may have been more lazy with error checking ...
- If the marker was sick and had a long day , they may mark more harshly
OMG Nooooooooooooo :(((((((((((((((

Someone confirm?

Thanks btw :)

go_cadel

HSC

Your marks won't get lower. If there's a clerical error meaning that you got more marks then you should have then consider yourself very lucky

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC Results Check
If you feel an examination mark is not consistent with your expectation, the HSC Results Check service is available for a small fee per course. This service is an opportunity to confirm your marks were processed correctly. It does not involve a re-mark of examination responses.

The HSC Results Check service verifies:
the marker’s intention for each mark awarded, as recorded on the original source document, has been accurately captured on the BOSTES system
where any question is recorded as a non-attempt, the student has not made an attempt at the question
for responses marked digitally onscreen, the student's whole response has been accurately scanned and indexed to the correct student/course/question
the objective responses on the system match the student’s intentions as recorded on their multiple-choice answer sheet
any other variations such as a student attempting incorrect combinations of question options.
The HSC Results Inquiry Centre is also available to call on 1300 13 83 23 if you would like to talk to experienced BOSTES staff about your results or the systems behind determining and processing them.

You can also request a Raw Marks Report and a copy of your examination responses for your courses.

Availability (for 2014 HSC students)

19 December 2014 to 27 February 2015

Cost
$32 for English (Standard) and English (Advanced)
$16.50 per course for all other courses

How to order
Simply log in with your Student Number and PIN to place your order in Results Services under My Details. Credit card transactions will incur a 0.4% surcharge.

Orders will be delivered to you in My Messages (in My Details) within 20 working days.

For 2014 HSC students, your Students Online account closes 30 June 2015 so ensure you save/print your order before then.

Queries
Call 1300 13 83 23. Cost is 35c per call, mobile calls cost extra.

http://studentsonline.bos.nsw.edu.au/go/results/hsc_results_services/hsc_results_check/

tyrone97

HSC
From what I heard from my tutor, a mark recheck actually means they just count up the marks again to see if its added correctly. No one actually re-marks your paper. So what's most likely to happen is that you get the same mark again. That being said, this information comes from a private tutor who has marked chemistry and physics for the Board of Studies (might be different for other subjects - however if science teachers can't be bothered remarking then its highly unlikely that humanities teachers would be bothered remarking essays!).

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
I researched as much as I could about this cos I'm planning to get eco rechecked myself, and iirc a lot of people said you can't get a lower mark :p

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I researched as much as I could about this cos I'm planning to get eco rechecked myself, and iirc a lot of people said you can't get a lower mark :p
YESSSSSSSSSSS SAME here I wanna get eco rechecked! This gives me hope!

Thanks everyone! :D

Ncm

HSC
Seems as if eco was marked harshly for some people

britaker

HSC
I wonder if it's worth my getting EE2 remarked. Seems that it fell short of a lot of teacher's expectations =/

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I actually struggled with that Eco paper lol it was too specific for my liking :// Really want one more mark to make it a band 6 :/// Thank gosh for Drifting95, saved me in the essay sections with his predictions haha :D

photastic

HSC
I can't seem to find the option to request the recheck. Someone please help, i'm broken thanks to the atar :p

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
No you can not get a lower mark.

Keep in mind a "recheck" isn't a "remark". Your paper will never be remarked. All they do is check to make sure all your marks were added up correctly.

photastic

HSC
No you can not get a lower mark.

Keep in mind a "recheck" isn't a "remark". Your paper will never be remarked. All they do is check to make sure all your marks were added up correctly.
What if for the recheck, they find out you actually received less that what you were given originally?

wdhc15

HSC
I'm getting Eco done as well. Eco was my strongest subject, did ten+ past papers and got them marked by my teacher and got between 85-95 raw on them and I felt the exam was reasonably easy and then I get 83. :confused2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)