• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help with enrolling for UTS and picking subjects (2 Viewers)

iamsolost

HSC
N/A
Hi, I am have been accepted in Bachelor of Business at UTS. I've been trying to enrol for the past 3 days but it's really confusing.
I've logged into the Student Admin page, and click on Enrol/Plan Subjects. I've followed the Course Handbook when picking core subjects so that is fine.

Then it comes to picking majors (I chose Standard Stream because I'd like to do two majors, not the option with sub majors). I plan on doing accounting (I want to do 2 majors)... but why is it telling me to pick a semester in 2015? I thought we do majors in 2nd year like most other universities. So, now I am so lost. Am I allowed to just ENROL with the subjects for 1st Autumn and Spring semesters without finalising my majors... because I didn't know we do majors in 1st year... the drop down box for the subjects in accounting are saying 2015.

Can I just enrol with the subjects under the title: Core Subjects... I swear this process is so confusing. I haven't even organised HECS because I was just presented with a Request form, not the HECS form itself. Will I be able to enrol with just core subjects this year and ignore the MAJORS part of it, or do we have to do majors in 1st year...

Also, who gets to pick the days you have classes? Will I get to customise it for my liking? Is it first in best dressed?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Hi, I am have been accepted in Bachelor of Business at UTS. I've been trying to enrol for the past 3 days but it's really confusing.
I've logged into the Student Admin page, and click on Enrol/Plan Subjects. I've followed the Course Handbook when picking core subjects so that is fine.

Then it comes to picking majors (I chose Standard Stream because I'd like to do two majors, not the option with sub majors). I plan on doing accounting (I want to do 2 majors)... but why is it telling me to pick a semester in 2015? I thought we do majors in 2nd year like most other universities. So, now I am so lost. Am I allowed to just ENROL with the subjects for 1st Autumn and Spring semesters without finalising my majors... because I didn't know we do majors in 1st year... the drop down box for the subjects in accounting are saying 2015.

Can I just enrol with the subjects under the title: Core Subjects... I swear this process is so confusing. I haven't even organised HECS because I was just presented with a Request form, not the HECS form itself. Will I be able to enrol with just core subjects this year and ignore the MAJORS part of it, or do we have to do majors in 1st year...

Also, who gets to pick the days you have classes? Will I get to customise it for my liking? Is it first in best dressed?
Ignore majors you don't need to pick yet. What do you mean choose the days? There are options in my student admin with the certain day(s) you can do your subject in and you only choose that day(s) , the important part is choosing the hours where certain times get filled pretty quickly (yes it's a first come first serve basis)

iamsolost

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your help. It's all sorted out. I didn't get the best times for semester 1. But semester 2 is better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)