• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Contacting UTS for HELP with TIMETABLE (2 Viewers)

iamsolost

HSC
N/A
Hi, I guess you see a lot of my threads here, but I am so lost. I have a class clash and I sent an EREQUEST last week and nothing has been done, it's still on the SUBMITTED status, and UNI is starting soon. I am so lost/nervous... and there is a time I want to change because it's unsuitable, especially with limited public transport in my area... buses do not operate regularly at 10PM. My late course finishes at 7:30 which I don't like. I want to change but there are no other times so WHAT CAN I DO :( :( :( I will be at central by 8PM, local station by 9PM and waiting endlessly for a bus til 9:30 pm and if I miss a bus! IM SCREWED cos I have to wait another 30 mins for next bus at this time... and I won't be home until 10 or 11.

So will they be able to understand my circumstance? Will they have the ability to put me in full class? :(
Also, there is a subject I have yet to allocate because it clashes and the others are full.

I tried to call 1300 275 887 but there is no answer (im on home phone)
Who do I contact now?
What do I tell them, do they have an email? I need a quick response because it's my first time starting uni and it already sucks. I know erequests take long, but I need to send another one... but i cant because you have to wait for reply...

Do they have an email they respond to quickly?
Who should I call?
im so anxious about all of this....

iamsolost

HSC
N/A
1300 275 887 didnt work, there wasnt even a dial tone... i waited without any beeps or anything... silence. so i assume it didnt work, even when i called 3 times.

iamsolost

HSC
N/A
I am not going to the city any time soon. I live in a rural area, lol. But, isn't there another wy to contact them right now, today?

edit: so could i call UTS itself, they have a phone number but it doesnt specify student help or anything, i think it's their business number? if i call would they be of any help? or would it be just receptionists, who are clueless about my circumstance?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I am not going to the city any time soon. I live in a rural area, lol. But, isn't there another wy to contact them right now, today?

edit: so could i call UTS itself, they have a phone number but it doesnt specify student help or anything, i think it's their business number? if i call would they be of any help? or would it be just receptionists, who are clueless about my circumstance?
Call the student centre at uts

iamsolost

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I did three times at 10:00 10:30 and 11:00 all the times which there were no response, not even a dial tone. So I am so lost, there is no one left to call? it's so hard contacting them.

~~~ sorry if i seem annoying. im so anxious right now ~~~

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I did three times at 10:00 10:30 and 11:00 all the times which there were no response, not even a dial tone. So I am so lost, there is no one left to call? it's so hard contacting them.

~~~ sorry if i seem annoying. im so anxious right now ~~~
All the times I have contacted them I had no problems , let me check for you :)

iamsolost

HSC
N/A
yeah I did it just then and it worked, i dont know why it didnt work before. well basically, they said i can do that subject in another semester...

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah I did it just then and it worked, i dont know why it didnt work before. well basically, they said i can do that subject in another semester...
Hmmmm, mind if I see your timetable? Let me see what can be done

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
You can't get a change approved generally unless it's an important clash, and even then you have to wait for the eRequest to go through. From what I've seen for "it's not convenient for me" situations they'll tell you to do it in another semester.

iamsolost

HSC
N/A
Hi sorry I haven't been on this forum or thread... well basically after I called them, the next day my erequest was approved :D So I didn't change semesters for any subjects, and they sorted out the clash and put me in a full class (as I suggested).
I am still fiddling around with my timetable. today I logged in onestopadmin and there were surpirisingly more times available?! Idk if it's because people changed their minds and moved classes, but yeah, there were new times!
And that 7:30 class was dealt with because I found a 5PM class (luckily!)

I also have a class at 8AM in the morning, how will I ever make it on time, lol. Jokes, Ill be at station by 6:30. :D...

edit: So basically, I didn't send an erequest for the inconvenient time... instead, something miraculous happened and I found another time left...

as for the clash (as mentioned in another post) they sorted it out through erequest and I got my class preference

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)