How do I know where to go on Day 1? (1 Viewer)

iamsolost

HSC
N/A
Hi, so I think the classrooms were finally released on the timetable and all I see are letters and numbers. I am so nooby... but how am I meant to know where to go Day 1 23rd... I mean I know Central station but I only kinda know the main old building, so I have a feeling I'd be lost and late... to my 8AM lecture... will I get in trouble? I am so scared I imagine uni to be strict like I'd be kicked out for being late..

But, do I just go to reception (if there is one... like I said I am a noob).... and ask for a map? lol...

But in all seriousness, how am I supposed to know where to go?

P.S. I don't have friends so I can't ask my 'friends'.

P.P.S. I have an 8AM class, so unless I am going to arrive there at 7AM, I don't have time to get lost... (I will probably leave the station at 6:45 and arrive 7:45).

I am not sure if I will make it to orientation either.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
So once you reach central station, you walk straight until you see a sign on the top UTS which would be pointing to the right. Just go onto the escalators which you will see KFC and Maccas..

From here you just go LITERALLY straight, then you have arrived in building 1

You might wanna download an app called "Lost on Campus" which would help you

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Hi, so I think the classrooms were finally released on the timetable and all I see are letters and numbers. I am so nooby... but how am I meant to know where to go Day 1 23rd... I mean I know Central station but I only kinda know the main old building, so I have a feeling I'd be lost and late... to my 8AM lecture... will I get in trouble? I am so scared I imagine uni to be strict like I'd be kicked out for being late..

But, do I just go to reception (if there is one... like I said I am a noob).... and ask for a map? lol...

But in all seriousness, how am I supposed to know where to go?

P.S. I don't have friends so I can't ask my 'friends'.

P.P.S. I have an 8AM class, so unless I am going to arrive there at 7AM, I don't have time to get lost... (I will probably leave the station at 6:45 and arrive 7:45).

I am not sure if I will make it to orientation either.
lloll

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
Building 1 is the big "ugly tower", from there just follow any of the maps to figure out what building your lecture is in.

In terms of the "code" in your timetable, here's an example.

CB06.03.28

CB06 = Broadway (City) Building 6
03 = Level 3
28 = Room 28

Basically just remember: Building - Level - Room.

iamsolost

HSC
N/A
Thanks for explaining thoes letters and numbers how many buildings does uts have?
yes i would download that app if i had a phone or something lol

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
Not sure the exact number, the City campus alone has like 12 or something main buildings?

I HIGHLY recommend going to the faculty welcome if you haven't already. You'll be shown the main buildings for your degree.

iamsolost

HSC
N/A
Okay, well I am doing business :)
what is a faculty welcome? is it orientation day

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
Okay, well I am doing business :)
what is a faculty welcome? is it orientation day
Did you go to the UTS orientation page and sign up for the events (like the grand welcome and the faculty welcomes?) If not it might be too late.

iamsolost

HSC
N/A
Oh okay, well thanks anyways, I guess I will study some map before going on my first day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)